Author Topic: Ok, help me out here guys......please.....  (Read 1973 times)

Offline yerenvy

So I just had my surgery about 6 days ago.  Had the tubes in for 4 days.  The doctor did lipo and cut some tissue out as well.  I got it done through my insurance company, and he is a plastic surgeon.  However, he just doesn't really take the time out to talk to me or really answer my questions..........so i'm hoping you can help me out here.  

Should I order a compression vest for after the bandages come out?  He gave me a binder but it hardly does anything.

When they perform an operation, do they automatically do a biopsy on the tissue to check for cancer?  I asked him and he replied, "yeah, a little bit."  wtf is that?!

Can't think of anything else right now, so I'd love to show you pics but i can't upload them to the site.  But thanks for your help.........this is a great site.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I only wore my compression vest for seven days post-op.  If you're already six, it may still help, though.  I would go ahead and get one that's comfortable to wear (Underworks.com) for the added feeling of support.

As for the biopsy, they do analyze the tissue somewhat to tell how much was gland and how much was fat.  I'm sure in doing this they would also recognize any cancerous tissue.  Any other sort of pathology would probably cost extra (I'd guess in the hundreds).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:46:27 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
ive been wearing mine for almost 6 weeks and I dont know how I would have done without it.. I think it helps alot... or maybe I just got used to it.. I think it can improve ur results .. but thats only my opinion

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024