Author Topic: Gyne and Testosterone GEL  (Read 3912 times)

Offline instantk

• Posting Member
Has anyone been diagnosed with low testosterone and has fat / gyne and has seen results via testosterone?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There was a guy who was a regular contributor Who called himself "HYPO" .

We have not heard from him in some time but you might be able to do a search and find some of his old posts.

He was being treated for a variety of ailments including Hypogonadism. (Hence the name) In a study of his own condition, he developed a rather encyclopedic knowledge of hormones.
Grandpa Dan

Offline kingboob

To be honest testosterone treatment is more likely to stimulate the gyne to grow than it is to shrink it.

If you look at bodybuilders who abuse testosterone and other steroids they often end up with gyne..............although much less likely at therapeutic doses there is still a risk, especially if applied directly to the chest.

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
To be honest testosterone treatment is more likely to stimulate the gyne to grow than it is to shrink it.

If you look at bodybuilders who abuse testosterone and other steroids they often end up with gyne..............although much less likely at therapeutic doses there is still a risk, especially if applied directly to the chest.

I understand aromatization of Testosterone, but I am unclear how direct application of Testosterone to the breasts would increase potential growth. Would you clarify the mechanism at work for me?

Anon

DrBermant

Has anyone been diagnosed with low testosterone and has fat / gyne and has seen results via testosterone?

Yes, I have seen major changes to patients' chest after uncovering a hormone problem, having it diagnoses, treated, and then stabilized. Testosterone therapy has been a treatment factor.

Actually, that is partially wrong. There are many possible Causes of Gynecomastia. In a person with low testosterone, some hormone problem force the body to compensate by making too much breast creating hormones. This breast growth stimulation can be stopped when supplying the body with normal levels of testosterone. However, careful monitoring of levels is critical or male breast growth can occur on testosterone treatment.

Bodybuilders using hormones sometimes have their testosterone levels way out of normal range. Too much testosterone can be changed by the body to estrogen and cause breast growth. That is why the instructions on topical testosterone tell you to avoid application to the breast.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member

I have low T due to a pituitary problem & use a testosterone gel (tostran). using the prescribed dose is designed to give me the same level of testosterone as if all was working properly in my body therefore should not have any undesired results.
 Having said thet, it does seem to cause hair growth at the application site!
 As for Gyne, well I had developed that before they diagnosed me & it hasnt changed much , bigger or smaller in the 5 years Ive been on TRT.
Like the doc says, testosterone usually only will cause problems if you abuse it like some body-builders etc.
If you are looking to use testosterone as some cure for gyne, forget it! Once the breast tissue has developed, like any other part of your body, the only way to remove the undesired part is to cut it off with a sharp knife! ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024