Author Topic: I have been offered surgery on the NHS!  (Read 4530 times)

Offline thetodd

Dont take this as being anti NHS surgery. But you need to be very carefull on who's peforming it i mean seriously ive seen some shite results from NHS surgeons on here but some good ones also. Just make sure hes got prior experience with Male Gynecomastia surgery. when wantridofgyno17 was seeking surgery he was rushing way to much and i did say that at the time. But hey thats life glad your getting it revised!

Do yourself a favour and read "wantridofgyno17" link in his signature hes lived through a poor NHS surgery! Trust me when you go through the pain of surgery and are left with poor results and serious scarring your going to be regretting it so much. To sum it up

get the surgeons name
see before/after pictures
find out what procedure is going to be peformed

Fingers crossed with your scans im sure it will come out negative. Just remember to relax and research youve waited this long you want a quality result not a quick crappy one
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
Again thanks for the comment and advice is welcome. I will find out nearer the time who my surgeon will be and if he has done it before if so how often. Iv read good and bad experiences but a few of the bad ones were years ago. So hopefully i will be lucky. My main priority is to be pain free honestly m8 there killing me.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Dont take this as being anti NHS surgery. But you need to be very carefull on who's peforming it i mean seriously ive seen some shite results from NHS surgeons on here but some good ones also. Just make sure hes got prior experience with Male Gynecomastia surgery. when wantridofgyno17 was seeking surgery he was rushing way to much and i did say that at the time. But hey thats life glad your getting it revised!

Do yourself a favour and read "wantridofgyno17" link in his signature hes lived through a poor NHS surgery! Trust me when you go through the pain of surgery and are left with poor results and serious scarring your going to be regretting it so much. To sum it up

get the surgeons name
see before/after pictures
find out what procedure is going to be peformed

Fingers crossed with your scans im sure it will come out negative. Just remember to relax and research youve waited this long you want a quality result not a quick crappy one

Yeah this is true. I was just desperate to be free of it and at the time it was my only option, couldn't afford to go private. Although I've been lucky in the sense I wasn't left with a 'bad' result, as I said no real scarring etc. Just not a particularly amazing result, but an improvement. Posted pics in the 'User Photos' section just a minute okay to get opinions if you want to have a look!

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
yes i will have a look now.

Offline kingboob

i wouldnt be better lving with gyno because im more bothered about the pain they cause rather than the way they look. im not bothered about scars either. so as long as the breast tissue comes out il be happy.

If that is your position / view on things then you probably wont be disappointed to be honest.   I am certain they are capable of removing the gland without making a huge mess or anything like that.... it is usually just a cut around the areola anyhow,  so the scars blend in well in most people.   

You have already got half way there with them agreeing to do the surgery properly and cut out the lumps/glands.               There was a guy on here a few years back who had NHS surgery, he had to convince the surgeon to remove the glands and not do lipo only.... when he woke up the first thing the nurse said to him was that the surgeon decided lipo only was enough after all!   Of course that didn't fix the problem  and he was left in the same position as before!

My own experience of having surgery  (not for gyne) via the NHS  has been very poor. I blame myself for not being well enough informed and  wrongly assuming I was in good hands.   The lack of respect for privacy / dignity on the day surgery unit was rather shocking - party because I was comparing it to my experience of private surgery for my gyne but mainly because beds  (trolleys) are crammed together and separated by curtain only, so when the doc is talking about very personal medical details there is no privacy! The person  in the next bay would have to stick his fingers in his ears and go ''la la la la'' not to hear what was being discussed.

So I would say that the key thing is to make sure you get all the details on what they plan to do,   do not assume they know best, ask lots of questions and make sure you are happy with the answers before going ahead and finally do not expect the whole experience to be much fun.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:14:55 PM by kingboob »

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
Thanks kingboob some good advice mate. I will ask loads of questions

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024