Author Topic: Should i wear a bra?  (Read 33291 times)

Offline crash99

• Posting Member
hey why arent any one replyin please its almost a year and i didnt find a solution so please help me

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Thought I saw you post that you did find a bra that would work for you.  Maybe I read it wrong.

hey why arent any one replyin please its almost a year and i didnt find a solution so please help me

Offline crash99

• Posting Member
no accualty i didnt but i still got some problems because am fighting my self because one side of me want me to wear one becusr all those symptoms and the other is embarresed please help

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I gave in from the discomfort and starting wearing a compression top, but it is too warm so I am just wearing a sports bra, much cooler and even if someone sees the straps or middle, it just looks like a t-shirt or compression top. 

I would rather wear a reg bra, but still torn on that one.  When I finally get some time alone to talk to my wife about it, will see then.  The sports bra is ok, but I really need a tighter band so when I put my arms up I don't have to pull the bra back down somehow discreetly.  It is generally ok the first day after I wash it, but after that it has stretched out some and I can't.  My concern going to a L instead of XL sports bra is being able to fit, I am not that limber!  One with a front closure would work, but they are often easier to be seen in the back. 

I look at it this way, what would make you the most comfortable?  A sports bra is virtually invisible for the most part, hard to go wrong there.

no accualty i didnt but i still got some problems because am fighting my self because one side of me want me to wear one becusr all those symptoms and the other is embarresed please help

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Look for something like this:  Google "Tek GearĀ® Seamless Sports Bra"

This is a very comfortable sports bra.

I honestly wouldn't mind one with cups, but the issue is they might be padded.  But they appear to be more comfortable and supporting than just regular non cupped sports bras. 

For me, I am looking to restrict movement and try to keep them from being places that they aren't supposed to be....

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Bman,

don't know if you realize this but dont wear the same bra everyday, it makes them stretch out faster. the common thought is : one to wear, one to rest, one to wash.

In general, have a few and alternate them day by day. they'll keep their elasticity better that way.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I only have 2, a XL (tekgear) and 2XL (champion double dry), the 2XL is really on the big side so I don't wear it much at all, the XL is barely ok, bought a L (marika.com/showimage.asp?item=383) last night at Marshalls and it was one with adjustable sides, but it is too small, an XL like that style would probably do well.  I see how supplier A vs supplier B vs supplier C all have their own interpretations of one size....  frustrating.  The Marika is thinner fabric than Tekgear, and is cooler, and is pretty low so it won't easily be seen.  The Tekgear if seen just looks like a compression shirt from the front.  Same with the champion.

I unfortunately have to dry in dryer, and that hurts the elasticity too.  I am trying to find another one.  I like the idea of adjustable sides, would prefer a back clasp, but the ease it could be seen I don't want to chance.  

Bman,

don't know if you realize this but dont wear the same bra everyday, it makes them stretch out faster. the common thought is : one to wear, one to rest, one to wash.

In general, have a few and alternate them day by day. they'll keep their elasticity better that way.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
Why do you have to use a dryer? just hang it up after you wash it. It'll save you in the long run. As will buying a few of whatever bra you find helps the best.

I only have 2, a XL (tekgear) and 2XL (champion double dry),
I unfortunately have to dry in dryer, and that hurts the elasticity too.  I am trying to find another one.  I like the idea of adjustable sides, would prefer a back clasp, but the ease it could be seen I don't want to chance.  

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I tried to do that with my wife's bras, so they would last her longer, and she didn't like them hanging around, and being I have a large family, the kids are in my bathroom far more than I like, I just don't want to show them that much of me. 

I guess I could try to remember to dry on low heat too.  The Champion doesn't like heat much, more cotton I think in it, it seems to have worn down more with much less use than the other.  I think it is the dryer that is hard on it. 

Why do you have to use a dryer? just hang it up after you wash it. It'll save you in the long run. As will buying a few of whatever bra you find helps the best.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
You could ring out the sports bra and then let it finish drying hanging up in your closet for privacy.

In the bathroom, would the kids obviously know its not mom's?

or perhaps do the no heat setting on the dryer.

I tried to do that with my wife's bras, so they would last her longer, and she didn't like them hanging around, and being I have a large family, the kids are in my bathroom far more than I like, I just don't want to show them that much of me. 

I guess I could try to remember to dry on low heat too.  The Champion doesn't like heat much, more cotton I think in it, it seems to have worn down more with much less use than the other.  I think it is the dryer that is hard on it. 

Offline crash99

• Posting Member
sorry folks i just dot want to wear a sports bra its just to hot and to squashy and i just cant find a one in my regoin so am asking if i could wear a reg one

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Tradeoffs.

Sports Bra can be hot as they are thicker to be super supportive, but they are virtually invisible in back and in front many of them can look just like a sleeveless t-shirt.  A poorly fitted sports bra will pull up when you lift your arms.  Most have no adjustability.  Causal touch won't be real apparent that you are wearing a bra. 

Reg Bra might be cooler (probably not in front, but in back), but doesn't support as well, and is much easier to be seen.  They also tend to make them more pronouced visually, they constrict around the base of the breast forcing it forward making it project outward and upward, and pull the breast upwards, usually something you don't want to do.  A minimizer bra or one with more full coverage will not show as much.  Reg bras are usually adjustable band and straps.  The straps' adjusters are usually in back and easily seen.  The band clasp is usually easily seen.  You can hid if you wear clothes that can hide it.  But it will never be hidden to touch. 

You have to decide what is best for your size.  Again, you have to decide the tradeoffs.

A properly fitted bra won't be uncomfortably squashing....

sorry folks i just dot want to wear a sports bra its just to hot and to squashy and i just cant find a one in my regoin so am asking if i could wear a reg one

DW20

The fact that you are asking the question (and your syptoms) suggest that you should be wearing one.
I am relatively small (36A) but so much more comfortable in a bra that I wouldn't dream of going without

hammer

For the question "should I wear a bra"? There are no medical or legal reasons that anyone female or male with breast of any size need or are required to "wear" a bra! It comes down to personal preference or choice!

For myself I don't like the tightness of the band, however I have become more tolerant of it since I have lost the last 40 pounds! Being a "H" cup I bounce and sway very much and do have a lot of weight in my breast and for those reasons I do find a lot of comfort in wearing a bra, and my wife and daughters also say that even as big as my breast are, they are less noticeable when I am wearing a bra!

It also depends on how you feel about the bra too! If you accept the bra as an article of clothing to support breast and it doesn't matter if those breasts are on a woman or a man, but if you feel that bras are clothing for women only then you could have a problem!

I hope my $1.05 helps, good luck!

Bob

Offline Johndoe1

Just looked and this is a REALLY, REALLY old thread, back at least 10 years. Just be aware.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024