Author Topic: Need some Doc advice  (Read 1715 times)

Offline rbn

Hi all. Been coming to this site for a while now and haven't posted anything yet but i figured it was about time. I am 18 years old and have had gyne since i was 10-11 or so. Was made fun of a lot by family and friends growing up and been through the whole embarrassing moments at the swimming pool type ordeal. Getting sick of constantly being self concious about myself around others and not being able to open up to the ones i feel close to. Going in for an annual checkup soon and im going to see if i can get an appointment set up with an endo to get some bloodwork done to see if its hormonal or what. I want to rid myself of this condiditon in the next year or so, with the only thing that could stop me being the financial situation. Going to see how much if any of the cost my insurance will cover. I live in the memphis, tn area and was hoping someone could maybe give the name of a good doc around here. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Going to copy/paste something I just posted in another thread:

I can't help you with finding a good surgeon, but as for endocrinologists, here's what you do:

Go to www.aace.com and click Services > Find an Endocrinologist.

Enter your City, State, Country or Zip Code.

Select an endo from the list who specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology.  

Hopefully there will be several and you can call around to find out which ones are on your insurance network (if you have one).  My endo was not but she was very nice and gave me a student discount.  I did spend over $500 in blood work, however, and that's with a very generous price given to me by a friend of my mother's who owns a blood screening company.

What I did was asked one of her nurses if she was familiar with gynecomastia just to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time and money with an endo who wouldn't be helpful.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 12:00:06 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024