Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66471 times)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Another positive, they received a cancellation that same morning, so my surgery date is coming up soon, October 13th!! I'm pretty stoked about that part.

Uh oh, my surgery is the same day!  I sure hope they didn't randomly cancel me.  I will call tomorrow to be sure.  See ya there

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I sure hope they didn't randomly cancel me.

Doubtful dude....  :P

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
so i attempted to take the foam pads off right now. its really sticky and stuck to my skin so i gave up and decided to wear it for longer. i was pulling on it alot so i hope i didnt mess up any healing on the chest.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
That is one thing I am not looking forward to after the surgery. Is wearing the compression vest for a week and not being able to take it off (shower) for a week.  I can only imagine how salty smelling it is after the week :)

Grandpa Bambu-How many surgeries would Dr. Fielding do in a day?  I called about payment, and I have to get a certified cheque or money order there soon.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
mid week i actually showered my lower half of my body just because it would keep me clean and sane. plus by that time my arms were more mobile. as of today when i took off my vest i found that i can move a lotttt more. because its fall you shouldnt have to worry about sweating too much besides the environment of your home which could be warm. i took off the vest and removed what appeared to be the gauze's. itching got quite annoying and this was so much of a relief. i was wanting to see my nipples real bad and only got a little peak at the corner of it and seemed like it was probably darker than it usually was. could be from the dried blood or whatever i dont know lol. i was planning to take a shower tommorow but i dont know when i can take the pads off. dr fielding told me i should be able to take it off 6-7 days and today is the 6th day. its really sticky and stuck to my skin so i dont know if i can just pull it off.

as for the payment darthmenace i dont know whether or not leslie sent you the letter for your surgery but it states that you need to pay for it 5 business days prior, and you have 3 days before the surgery to cancel or you dont get a refund for waste of time. i asked fielding myself how much surgeries he does a day and he said it depends, ranging from 12 and up. i also asked about the frequency of gyne surgeries and he and the nurse said they do quite a bit.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

That is one thing I am not looking forward to after the surgery. Is wearing the compression vest for a week and not being able to take it off (shower) for a week.  I can only imagine how salty smelling it is after the week :)

I really don't know why PS's say that you must wear the vest for 24/7...  IMO, what's wrong with leaving the vest on for 2 days (that's the absolute max that I could go without a shower anyways...) and then take the vest off for 10-15 minutes once or twice a day to have a shower? That's what I did... By the second day, I needed a shower desperately... I took off my Ace wrap (JCF wasn't handing out compression vests at that time... He said that a vest "Was not necessary"...) and had a long hot shower... :P  There is no way that I could have gone an entire week w/out a shower...   :o

Grandpa Bambu-How many surgeries would Dr. Fielding do in a day?

Considering the average gyne surgery is approx 1 1/2 hours... and JCF needs time for breaks and lunch/dinner... I'd say he does about 5 procedures in a given day... That's assuming that all his surgeries on any given day are GRS's...  Why do you ask?

GB...

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Considering the average gyne surgery is approx 1 1/2 hours... and JCF needs time for breaks and lunch/dinner... I'd say he does about 5 procedures in a given day... That's assuming that all his surgeries on any given day are GRS's...  Why do you ask?

Oh just got a little frantic when I read someone cancelled.  There is no reason it would be me except for the fact I haven't payed yet (I'm sending a money order tomorrow)  Just me being overly-worried it all.  I would have thought he'd only be able to sneak 2 or 3 surgeries in a day.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Dude....  JCF would not cancel your procedure w/out your knowledge...  'If ' he had to cancel your surgery, I'm sure he'd let you know well in advance...

Chill dude, you'll be on the 'Other Side' soon...  ;)

GB...

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Uh oh, my surgery is the same day!  I sure hope they didn't randomly cancel me.  I will call tomorrow to be sure.  See ya there

Awesome man! Out of curiosity, are you from saskatchewan? Because I just spoke to Leslie and she said she was still awaiting this guys call. If that's not you then he atleast does 3 (that we know about: me, you and the guy from saskatchewan) Damn people really come from all around the country to see Dr. Fielding eh? On my consult on Monday, the guy right before me was from BC. Anyways I guess I'll see you there hehe.

I'm getting in at Toronto on the 13th at 3:00 AM, and Leslie said I'd be the first to go, first thing in the morning.

Also, any of you guys know what the best way to get to St-Josephs hospital is from the Toronto Bus Terminal (at 3AM)? I google mapped it it it looks kinda far (7.5kmish). I also noticed there is no subway station nearby. I'm already low on funds, I would like to avoid cabbing it.

Also not sure if I should walk down downtown Toronto at 3AM holding a map in my hands and a big "I'M A TOURIST" sticker on my forehead.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
take the 504 bus from dundas west subway station. the subway closes at 130am and reopens about 6am.

does anyone know whether or not i can peel off the pads tonight or tommorow?

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
But Dundas West is FAAAAAR from the toronto terminus. In fact, it's farther from it as the hospital itself lol.

Is there no night buses that leave the bus terminal?

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Awesome man! Out of curiosity, are you from saskatchewan? Because I just spoke to Leslie and she said she was still awaiting this guys call. If that's not you then he atleast does 3 (that we know about: me, you and the guy from saskatchewan)

Ahhhh, yes I am "from" Saskatchewan (living here).  What was she wanting to hear from me?  This doesn't look good!

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
what do you guys think? my heart is beating so fast right now..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline boobienoob

• Posting Member
Looks great, congrats!

I was thinking of going with Lista but now I'm not so sure. Way to confuse me more, lol.

Good results.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
i just took a shower and removed as much of the glue i can. it really itches but my excitement is too much. i havent seen my chest flat like this in my life. the tapes on my nipples happen to fall off as well. under my left nipple looks like a "red cut", where the incision was made, i may rub alcohol on it just in case. my right nipple has a very little crease under it which worries me a little but ill save my little insecurities till i actually heal lol. it feels like i wont have to worry about going back to work tomorrow so thats good. im planning to wear my vest, and a dryfit shirt on top since its pretty tight.
@boobienoob- haha, sorry if i made your decision harder but remember i didnt heal yet :P.

what i will say though guys.. i noticed my self esteem plummet while having the vest and pads on and having to go through school. half the time thinking about grades and the other about my appearance and outcome of the procedure. im glad the 2nd part of my gyne chapter is over, so ill be around for sure to update you guys on my recovery, pic requests, questions, concerns, etc.

@mtlgyno- where are you arriving at 3pm? where exactly?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024