Author Topic: Any recommendations for surgeons in Vancouver?  (Read 10305 times)

Offline vancouver

• Posting Member
does anyone have any recommendations for surgeons in vancouver or surgeons to stay away from?  thanks.

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
It all depends on what kind of situation you have with your gyne.... Mild, Severe etc.

I'm from vancouver, and I flew out to California and got my procedure done by Dr. Cruise.

Was it costly?... Yes, but then again the money should be 'priceless' for your own benefits. I highly recommend Dr Fielding in Toronto, Dr. Cruise in Newport Beach, California... or Dr Delgado in SF. Shoot any more questions if you have some. Glad to help

Offline barrow

Hello. Any updates on surgeons in Vancouver?

I did a search of these forums and read a post saying that there are no surgeons in Vancouver that specialize in Gynecomastia and in the recommended surgeons listing for this website, BC isnt even listed as a province, only Ontario. I read another post on this site about a Dr. Brown, but went to his website and Gynecomastia is even listed as one his procedures.

There are many Vancouver surgeon websites that list Gynecomastia as one of their procedures, but shouldnt I only be going to a surgeon that specializes?
Does someone from Vancouver have to fly to Ontario to find a surgeon that specializes in Gynecomastia for the best results?
thanks for any help, I am really unsure how I should go about picking a surgeon and if i should take a chance on any of the ones in Vancouver.

Offline Wile E.

I went to Dr. Ward in Surrey. I had vaser assisted lipo and gland incision via the nipple gateway.

The staff were very accomodating. They got me in for consult within a week and a bit of first contact and on the table within three weeks.

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since my surgery, everything looks and feels great. I was off the pain meds by day three. The bruising is all but gone. I camped out in a Best Western for three days so I could go back for a consult on day three (I am from out of town).

The most uncomfortable thing is the vest, but it is a small price to pay, and it's not for much longer. Minimal other pain/discomfort, and usually when the vest first comes off, or first thing in the morning when lifting my arms above/behind my head. I went back to work on day six (admin type stuff, not physical).

The cost was $8G, financed easily through medicard. I could've tried harder to get it covered by MSP, but the less people that knew about it the better, and I thought that I can't face another summer wearing vests in 30 degree heat.

I'd definitely recommend Dr. Ward for surgery.

T-shirts fit now, I am still wearing vests to disguise the compression garment, but soon enough that'll be gone too.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
I flew to Toronto (from Vancouver) for Dr. Fielding.  Surgery was $2,800.  Flight for consult was $550 and paid $65 through priceline for a 3 star hotel.  Second flight was $600 for the actual surgery and I paid $85/night for 5 nights in a 4 star hotel (priceline again).  Total cost roughly $4,500 with flights, hotels, surgery, taxes, etc.  Fielding and Lista seem to be the most experienced in Canada so I didn't gamble with a local surgeon.  Hopefully that will change one day and there are many positive experiences with the local surgeons as described above.

Offline nutella

• Bronze Member
I went to Dr. Ward in Surrey. I had vaser assisted lipo and gland incision via the nipple gateway.

The staff were very accomodating. They got me in for consult within a week and a bit of first contact and on the table within three weeks.

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since my surgery, everything looks and feels great. I was off the pain meds by day three. The bruising is all but gone. I camped out in a Best Western for three days so I could go back for a consult on day three (I am from out of town).

The most uncomfortable thing is the vest, but it is a small price to pay, and it's not for much longer. Minimal other pain/discomfort, and usually when the vest first comes off, or first thing in the morning when lifting my arms above/behind my head. I went back to work on day six (admin type stuff, not physical).

The cost was $8G, financed easily through medicard. I could've tried harder to get it covered by MSP, but the less people that knew about it the better, and I thought that I can't face another summer wearing vests in 30 degree heat.

I'd definitely recommend Dr. Ward for surgery.

T-shirts fit now, I am still wearing vests to disguise the compression garment, but soon enough that'll be gone too.

What was the severity of your Gyno ? Was it unilateral or on both sides ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024