Author Topic: Gland Removal via GP's Referral to a normal Surgeon?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

Anyone had experience or have any concerns regarding me going to my GP (Doctor) and telling him that the Gyno (not the worst Gyno but still there from Puberty) is causing me discomfort and that I am very concerned regarding breast cancer. I know the GP so he's pretty cool regarding the referral but my concern is are normal Surgeons OK, what's the general consensus on this should I be going to a cosmetic surgeon to get both glands removed?

I want to make sure BOTH glands are completely removed will a normal Surgeon be OK with doing this?

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Ahh you are a smart man my friend never thought about asking the Dr to refer me to a specific surgeon that's awesome. I am in Western Australia and it seems like Sue Thistle has an amazing Rep around here it will mean travelling as I have no idea of anyone in Perth that does this type of Cosmetic Surgery.

Cheers!

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Yeah I've been trying to look in Perth not many places the few that I checked out the Surgeon Fee alone is $5000

I'm 21 so yeah $5000 was my budget for the whole thing! LOL

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Sent off more emails to Plastic Surgeons in Perth who list Gyno was one of their procedures just then also I don't want to wait a year to get this done so rules out Joining HBF or something and having to wait 12 months.

yeehaw: When you had surgery was the entire gland taken out or just some of it? Also these compression vests sound scary for 6 weeks lol

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
Thats great info I am calling up places today think i might get some lipo done on the hips while im there hopefully I can get a good price as I don't have much fat around just stubborn fat

Offline Sgt. Harry Balls

• Posting Member
I think this is the guy to go to works with Mark Lee one member on here went via Mark Lee.
http://www.timhewittplasticsurgeon.com.au/

In Perth Lipo and excision of gland

Surgeon fee 3000
Anth: $1200
Hospital Theatre: $1374
Bed fee: $740
Vest: $100

Total without Medicare rebate: $6414
With Rebate of $600 = 5814

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024