Author Topic: marijuana and gyne?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline NCCN

• Posting Member
Does anyone know if marijuana smoking can lead to gyne growth?

Also, what about certain painkillers such as hydrocodone or oxycodone?

Ive been using both of these substances for years now (finally on my way to kicking the oxys, thank god) and was wondering if they could have been a contributing factor or not.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes and no.

While the jury is still out, the evidence is clear that there seems to be a higher incidence of Gynecomastia among users than among nonusers.

It is widely believed that Marijuana raises the Estrogen level. There are a lot of people that use Marijuana without developing Gynecomastia. But again, users have a higher incidence of Gynecomastia than non users.

What is the mechanism? I do not really know. It seems to be a problem in susceptible people. I presume you are susceptible or you wouldn't be here asking this question.
Grandpa Dan

Offline bitter

• Posting Member
let me say this.  as an avid pot smoker for the past 10 years it cant help.  that being said my development of gyne occured during puberty BEFORE i ever started smoking.  although the close period soon thereafter that i did start smoking lead my ignorant family doctor and parents to say it was a cause or at least kept it  from ever going away.  sometimes i feel pains running thru my man boobs and wonder if its from my drug use (opiates and marijuana)  but who really knows.  if you look at the list plenty of drugs both illicit and prescription are listed as possible gyne triggers.  i suspect it relys much more on hormonal imbalance but thats my guess.

what i learned is that if you expect help with treating or dealing with your gyne get your drug use under control first.  and then theres always the scare that if you do have surgery that relapsing with theses chemicals might promote regrowth of breast tissue  :-[

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024