Author Topic: How much did your procedure cost?  (Read 9233 times)

Offline Lewis

I am interested in getting my gyno removed. I've read in a few places the average procedure is 6-8k. Was that true for you? Did the cost include your gyno, or gyno plus something else?

Offline titans321

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant (a contributor on this site) offers Gynecomastia surgery for only $2800.

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/prices.html

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Dr. Bermant (a contributor on this site) offers Gynecomastia surgery for only $2800.

As stated on the same page, this is only the surgeon's fee, it does NOT include charges for the operating room, anesthesia, supplies, etc.

Offline titans321

• Posting Member

As stated on the same page, this is only the surgeon's fee, it does NOT include charges for the operating room, anesthesia, supplies, etc.

How much do you think everything including the surgery and the charges for everything else would cost (the total cost)?

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
It really depends on the severity and on the surgeon but 6-8k is probably a good average.

Offline titans321

• Posting Member
It really depends on the severity and on the surgeon but 6-8k is probably a good average.

Woah.  That's a lot of dough.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
I phoned Dr. Bermant's office and his secretary told me the average male breast reduction operation costs over $7000; that includes everything.

I'm having mine done by Dr. Karidis in England for £4300. He's the most expensive surgeon in the country but he's undoubtedly the best.

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member

Offline waves

• Silver Member
$2,800 total for surgeon fee and hospital stay.  Dr. Fielding in Toronto.

But I was an out-of-towner so I also spent $600 to fly across the country and ~$500 on hotel costs.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Do people recommend this Dr. Fielding (specifically the other doctors on this board?). I am in the 7K range but to pay that much, I'd better be happy with the result.

Fielding and Dr. Lista are the most recommended guys to see in Canada and reportedly each do upwards of 100 to 150 gyne surgeries a year.  Their surgical fee is about the same, however, if you're Canadian it's much cheaper with Fielding because he does the surgery in a hospital (and thus your provincial health care covers the cost of the hospital surgery room, anesthesiologist, nurses, bed, meds., etc.).  Dr. Lista does the surgery in his own clinic so then you have to pay for all the rest.  I was quoted about $5K with Dr. Lista when I went for a consult.

I found Fielding to be an incredibly friendly and empathetic surgeon.  Dr. Lista was grumpy but that could have just been the day I saw him as many others here were very happy with him.  Fielding is also a little old school (odd because he's not that old), but no website, no email, etc.  You want to see him you have to pick up the phone and call for appointment / info.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:32:30 PM by web_admin »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
$1280 w/JCF in 2005...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline eyooh

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024