Author Topic: Swelling & compression vest question  (Read 2977 times)

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy
Should you continue wearing compression vest until swelling has COMPLETELY subsided? or is 6 weeks enough? I'm still SLIGHTLY puffy on right side but it's going down slowly... would taking of the compression vest at this stage be unadvisable?

thank you very much

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
my doctor said to keep it on for four weeks

Offline braless

• Posting Member

Offline BeLikeArnold

• Posting Member
I am wearing my doctor appointed vest and binder (Dr. Jacobs) for 4 weeks then my own garment from underworks to exercise in for some pressure. I will be sleeping in my binder though for another 4 weeks.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
I wore it for 5wks.. then compression shirt for 2 wks..

Offline gyneguy1188

Do exactly what your doctor says. I can tell you from experience that taking the vest off any bit early will ruin healing and reduce the optimal healing process. If you have things in the next few weeks you want to take the vest off for remember that putting up with the vest for the full suggested time will make the long-term benefits the best.

Lastly, wearing the vest for additional time will only make the final result 2 years down the road better (it can't hurt to wear it longer). I've had my surgery two years ago and can attest to the fact that compression is meant to make healing occur in the best possible way for the long run.
:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024