Author Topic: Just got the Surgery yesterday - F'in Drains! - My Story....  (Read 11348 times)

Offline Mazz21

• Posting Member
scars are still very visable and swollen around it.  as of right now, my chest is not aligned correctly.  Doctor says it could be better when the swelling goes down but that remains to be seen.

I have not heard of mederma - what is it?

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
half a day post op. I agree. These drains are fucking awful. They hurt and are hard to hide.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear your story.. Ive known some guys who used drains.. but they worked pretty well.. Maybe, It depends on the doctor you will go to.. 11 grand is to much to pay, if youll have infections and inconveniences like that.. Goodluck on your healing process, I hope everything goes well..

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
The drains suck, but they seem to be working with draining the extra blood and fluid. My PS gave me the go ahead to take the drains out myself today, but I'm going to wait an extra day to make sure most of the fluid is drained.

But yea, I can see how an infection can form. Sorry to hear your problems man. Hopefully things work out in the end.

Offline Mazz21

• Posting Member
Nearly 4 months later and I still wish I never got this surgery...

I still experience sporadic pain in the left infected breast and when not in pain - constant irritation.  I also have no feeling in my left breast area.

My nipples still protrude although I have a flatter chest and it feels like there is hard tissue behind them which is painful when touched.

There is an akward "fold" or line under each breast that looks bad making my chest look uneven.  The scars from the drains are still very much visable and worst of all, it looks like theres a "fold" or lump of fat over them which i never had before (im semi-slim) and looks akward.

All in all, this surgery was a disaster and I may soon reveal who the doctor in nyc was but am considering trying to get my money back and if that doesnt work, a lawsuit...

Anyone have any experience with lawsuits for this surgery and maybe recommend a good lawyer in nyc?

Thanks

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
damn man, i'm genuinely sorry to here about your experience... right now i'm about to look into some docs in my area to book a few consultations, but all the more reason to go with someone reputable, tho costly and a bit away, than take a shot with someone more convenient and cheaper. 

did you do a lot of research into several surgeons and see a bunch of before/after pics or just picked one? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024