Author Topic: I'm 17 years old, is there still a chance it will go away?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline lockmore99

• Posting Member
I've had gyno for quite a few years now but i've been told that it can go away when you're about 18/19 years old?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Gynecomastia is very common in puberty and usually does go away.  However, the doctors here say that if you've had established gyne for 2 years, or more, then the likelihood of the condition going away is reduced.  In other words, the longer you've had gynecomastia, the less chance you have of it reversing itself and going away. 

I personally think a guy can pretty much tell if he has the kind of gyne that might go away.  The kind that goes away in puberty is typically when small hard knots can be felt under the nipples, but no significant breast development is really apparent.  Once a breast starts to truly take on a female appearance, however, the chances of it just spontaneously going away are not good.  Once fibrotic tissue is formed under the nipple, it's there to stay unless it is surgically removed. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024