Author Topic: My nipples are swolen and have lumps underneath  (Read 1691 times)

Offline gyno2011

i am 18, i have a body fat percentage of around 13/14% and am quite muscular. i regularly play sport and eat generally quite healthy.
My main concern is that i have swelling on my nipples with a lump underneath. i have visited many GPs and they have all said that it will go away with time. I have had it for 7 years now! i have avoided going to the beach, going swimming and ultimately taking my top off for 7 years because
i do not feel comfortable with the look of my chest.

Any ideas on how i can solve this guys ?

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org., gyno2011. 

Surgery is the only way to take care of gynecomastia that is well established.  Gyne can (and usually does) go away in young men after 2 or 3 years, but if it has been around for many years with no change, it's pretty safe to say that it's not going away.  A combination of lipo and surgical excision of the breast tissue underneath is required, as fibrotic glandular tissue can't just "go away". 

Choose your plastic surgeon wisely if you choose to have surgery.  Find a surgeon who has done many gyne surgeries, preferably one who specializes in it.  Look at many before/after photos of their work, because that's the job they will do on you.  Until you are ready for surgery, compression shirts can hide many flaws and make you feel better. 

Good luck.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Raider Fan gave you the best advice.

Unfortunately, many doctors will just reassure a young man and tell him to "wait it out -- it will go away."  And many adolescents spend their entire teenage years waiting in vain for something that doesn't seem to change.

Yes, surgery would probably help you -- it would have to be confirmed, of course, by a surgeon.  But further waiting, if you choose to do so, will not provide a magical change in your condition.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024