Author Topic: is it me? or the happiness?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline alex1001

• Posting Member
Hey all

im talking to you now after i crossed the bridge to the other side, im waving my hands to you from the freedom side.
i had mild gyne which i rate 6/10, this gyne made my life as hell. i couldn't participate in my uni sports and i couldn't even practice my own favourite sport, just because i wanted to hide it  from everyone. my personality became more secretive and i became withdrawn from society. basically, this thing just ruined my whole life.

Finally, today i had the surgery, and guess what?? i feel great i feel no pain at all, i've neva felt like this way. and even i havent seen my chest just yet, but i can feel how flat it is, it's just great. for the first time in my life, i dropped my joy tears like a river, i couldn't believe after these years of prison, im finally free.

and i dont know, if it's me who dont feel any pain at all after the surgery or maybe because of the happiness. today after i got discharged, had 10 min walking around the hospital while waiting for my friend to pick me up. even the nurse told me usually ppl who have these procedures feel dizzy and cant move freely as me.

i just wanted to tell you guys, if you think about getting the surgery,, just find the right surgeon and do it,,,, i've neva eva felt better than now.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
congrats on the surgery :) always good to hear success stories
who did you get it done with?
ive heard a few people say they feel euphoric right after surgery.. cant wait for that feeling..

Offline scrabble

• Bronze Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpgX1pxcizc

Nice one brother!

Can't wait to cross the line either. How you feeling? Chest hurt?

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Awesome man! Congrats! My mom can see how depressed I've been lately and knows why. Today she put a check on my desk in an envelope that said "for your savings"

I feel blessed to have a mom who can sympathize and support me in getting through this.
I can't wait until I can feel the feeling you're feeling....
Post before and after pics if you can!

Offline BeLikeArnold

• Posting Member
Congratulations bro! I had Dr. Jacobs, 2 and a half weeks post op. My chest looks amazing! I've never been so happy in my life, truly was the best decision I've ever made.

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
Can you really not lift your arms above your head?

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
Welcome over here, it's about time!  Congrats on getting this done and welcome to the rest of your life. I'm sure you'll look great and get to enjoy those sports you love.

Jaja - no, you won't be able to lift your arms over your head for a few weeks.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member

Why is this? I sleep with one arm under my pillow so my arm would be above my shoulder and head.
Is it to avoid stretching the wound or what? I'm concerned due to how I sleep. No surgery yet, but hopefully this year.

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
In regards to raising your arms after surgery. I wasn't able to lift my arms over my head for a while. My chest was really tight and I knew that if I pushed it, it would open the wounds or cause some dmg to the surgery sites.  Plus you're a lot more swollen that you think.  You'll be wearing your vests after surgery and you'll learn just to lie on your back and sleep that way. I like sleeping on my side and with pillows like you, but when the Dr. says, "Don't do this or that" you listen because he's the pro and we're not.

Offline alex1001

• Posting Member
congrats on the surgery :) always good to hear success stories
who did you get it done with?
ive heard a few people say they feel euphoric right after surgery.. cant wait for that feeling..
thank you
i did it with dr ben norris in sydney..

Offline alex1001

• Posting Member

Nice one brother!

Can't wait to cross the line either. How you feeling? Chest hurt?

not really,, i really feel no pain, just a little limited movement.
good luck with your surgery mate.

Awesome man! Congrats! My mom can see how depressed I've been lately and knows why. Today she put a check on my desk in an envelope that said "for your savings"

I feel blessed to have a mom who can sympathize and support me in getting through this.
I can't wait until I can feel the feeling you're feeling....
Post before and after pics if you can!
man, you are very lucky having this mom... lots of ppl suffer and their parents know about it but they even dnt think to help them at all,, you should just go and give her a big hug,, hopefully next few days i post before and after pics...

Congratulations bro! I had Dr. Jacobs, 2 and a half weeks post op. My chest looks amazing! I've never been so happy in my life, truly was the best decision I've ever made.
im really glad to hear that,,
enjoy your life mate.

Can you really not lift your arms above your head?

now im 2 days post op,, and my range of movement really improved,, but still hard to fully lift my arms

Welcome over here, it's about time!  Congrats on getting this done and welcome to the rest of your life. I'm sure you'll look great and get to enjoy those sports you love.

thank you for your support mate,,

Offline alex1001

• Posting Member

Why is this? I sleep with one arm under my pillow so my arm would be above my shoulder and head.
Is it to avoid stretching the wound or what? I'm concerned due to how I sleep. No surgery yet, but hopefully this year.

man,, it's really torturing me,, the doctor told me to sleep only on my back,, and now ,,, every time i woke up i feel like a broken spine,, but to be honest,,, it's only matter of days and its worth it.

In regards to raising your arms after surgery. I wasn't able to lift my arms over my head for a while. My chest was really tight and I knew that if I pushed it, it would open the wounds or cause some dmg to the surgery sites.  Plus you're a lot more swollen that you think.  You'll be wearing your vests after surgery and you'll learn just to lie on your back and sleep that way. I like sleeping on my side and with pillows like you, but when the Dr. says, "Don't do this or that" you listen because he's the pro and we're not.

totally agree with you...

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Congratulations! Good to hear that your operation went well! enjoy the Sydney beaches mate!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024