Author Topic: Give it to me straight, doc: How bad is it? (pics)  (Read 3410 times)

Offline HeavyArms

• Posting Member
I've had gyne for quite some time now and I've never been comfortable with it but lately I have been even more self-conscious.  I used to be completely at peace with my looks, flaws and all but I can no longer overlook my problem.  I just don't know what I should do.  Surgery, of course, is the only answer but it's so expensive plus I don't even know where to get it done here (I live in Japan).  Is it even possible to get it done here? 

And what can I do in the meantime?  I've never been an athletic person and I really haven't exercised in a long time since I have a bad back which goes crazy if I put too much strain on it (last year when I tried to get into exercising I ended up numbing the entire right side of my body for a week... don't want a repeat of that).  Is there any exercise that might at least put a little more form to my chest rather than a blob of boob?

I don't know why my self-image has dropped so quickly lately but I'm getting sick of hating myself. 

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
I'm not a doctor, but based on my experience, there isn't really any exercise you can do to magically improve your gyne. You could drop body fat, but from the pictures the composition of fat in your chest seems average. Building muscle in you're chest can actually cause the gland to stick out more making your chest look even more boobish-- this happened to me. If surgery isn't an option at the moment, my advice to you would be to purchase some underclothing that will help compress the puffyness so you can wear clothing without people noticing.

I know sometimes it's hard, but don't hate yourself. It's not your fault you have boobs, it just happened. Self projected negativity will in no way help your mental or physical state.

Your case seems somewhat mild. I'm sure the severity fluctuates with temperature and other factors, but the fact of the matter is it's not how big you're boobs are, its a matter of how big the negative influence they have on you is. It's not desirable for a normal sized guy to have a larger than normal chest and puffy nipples in any case. My case was similar to yours. It may seem insignificant compared to some peoples breast, but it's the psychological impact that is close to being identical in all cases.

You just have to ask yourself, how important is this to you? Indeed, surgery is expensive, but so are a lot of things we are accustomed to spending money on such as cars, houses, and electronics. Obviously, you have to prioritize your needs, but my point is if you really want surgery, there is always a way. It might not be the easiest or most desirable route, and it might take years to accomplish, but it is the only real cure for this cruel condition and it is indeed attainable.

f*ck gyne

Offline prabil

• Posting Member
In my opinion, ( I am not a Dr.) your case is very mild.  Appears as if the Left moob is slightly larger and is noticeable from the side pictures.  To be honest, I don't think anybody would notice. It has been since, I have studied up on this for the past year or so (Consulting with physicians) that I notice now. Especially at a pool or beach. but  I really think most people would not notice you.  It is hard not to obsess over it. I do the same. If I were you I would try very hard to forget about it.  Perhaps saving some money so that in a few years if you can't take it anymore, you can get surgery. I have to believe that this is a male world wide problem. There must be doctors who work  with this in your area. At the very least, print off different forums from this website and show your doctor. Let them know that in most cases lipo and excision is the cure.

Offline HeavyArms

• Posting Member
True, compared to some of the cases I've seen here my situation is mild.  But as it's the one I'm personally dealing with it feels ten times worse psychologically. 

And people do notice them and they notice them frequently.  Even with two shirts on it's very obvious something is different with my chest. 

Offline prabil

• Posting Member
Is there a way you can search for plastic surgeons in your area on the internet. I am not familiar with Japan but I would assume they have good plastic surgeons there. Seek out a few and call. Ask them if they work on gynecomastia.  In the U.S. most doctors will give you a free consultation. Albeit a brief one. You have to go in there prepared with what questions you want to ask. Perhaps speaking with a  doctor would help in the mean time. I know what your going through. Psychologically it is brutal. But honestly, because your case is mild, you should not worry so much. Remember, there is always surgery when that time comes. Also I recommend getting some compression shirts from under armour or nike and using those as undershirts.  It will flatten your chest and with a second shirt it should not be noticeable.  Stop hating yourself so much.  There are much, much worse things that could be wrong with you.  Nobody is perfect and if this is your worst obsession than your doing pretty well.

Offline HeavyArms

• Posting Member
I thank you for your continued positivity.  I came here looking for solidarity and support so it's nice there's at least one or two members willing to give it.

I'm currently looking for cosmetic surgeons in Japan but it will likely be difficult outside of large areas like Tokyo.  Aside from eye-cutting, there's not a whole lot of plastic surgery done in this country and if it is more widespread nobody talks about it.  Because of this, the thing I worry about is not finding a cosmetic surgeon but having said surgeon be unskilled at performing male breast reduction surgery. 

And I should clarify my earlier statement about hating myself.  I don't mean that in the emo way of locking myself in a room and crying to my diary.  I'm not sitting alone in the dark cutting myself or anything.  I just meant that I'm disgusted with my body (the chest, in case it wasn't clear).  It's a 24 hour badge of embarrassment that I have no choice but to parade around for all the world to see. 

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
True, compared to some of the cases I've seen here my situation is mild.  But as it's the one I'm personally dealing with it feels ten times worse psychologically.  

And people do notice them and they notice them frequently.  Even with two shirts on it's very obvious something is different with my chest.  

I agree with you completely. My case was maybe more mild than yours as I overall have a small build, but regardless people DID notice my breast. Usually they wouldn't say anything but I know they did notice them, and the only time I would expose my chest is when I could quickly jump in water so no puffyness was present. Its so degrading after making love to a women for the first time and while you're lying in bed she is feeling up your chest out of her curiosity as to why it looks the way it does.. Like I said, usually people don't say anything, when I was a kid this wasn't the case. Either way small breast or puffy nipples do not look normal on a guy who is not overweight. It's more common to see overweight people with boobs so in my opinion this is more of a social norm, making us who are not fat with smaller mostly gland endued breast stand out more. Especially when your at the beach or pool around other men with no shirt off.  You're right in having fears of surgery. In the wrong hands you can end up a lot worse than before. good luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'd say you look just fine to me. But this means nothing.

There is only one opinion that counts, Yours.

Gynecomastia seldom has any pathology and the physical effects are almost nil most of the time. This is true even if the breasts are quite fully formed.

So size is not a measure of how bad the condition has become.

The true measure of how bad the condition is comes down to looking at how the condition is impcting your life. If you could fill a 46 DD bra but the condition is not seriously impacting your self image then it is not too bad. Conversely, If someone says you have only the equivalent of two pimples but your self image is suffering and you are having difficulty socializing then your case is very bad.

Your question is no less valid, but it is one that only you can answer.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Paa_Paw has it exactly right. What matters is how you breasts impact you. In my office, I see men that look exactly like you all the time for reasons other than gyne. They do not even mention their chest as a problem and, of course, I do not bring it up. It all depends on how you look at it.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024