Author Topic: Questions about surgery for extreme case  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Hi guys..  I have a pretty extreme case of gyno and I guess its bad enough that my insurance actually approved my request for surgery right away. I have surgery scheduled for a couple weeks from now, and am really excited.

Anyways, I am trying to do research about the type of surgery that I'm having, but I'm not sure of the correct nomenclature to describe it, which I need to know to do more research. Also I am looking for any info online that covers in detail the type of surgery ill be having. I see a lot of guys here only get liposuction or get the gland removed, and leave the skin and the nipple.. Well, my surgeon told me that she will actually be amputating the whole breast, doing liposuction and scraping the tissue or cutting it out, sewing the skin back together, trimming my areola thats been amputated with the breast and then grafting it back on... Of course this will leave bad scars,  but I'm not so worried about that.. I just want to have a flat chest.

Anyway, if any of you guys could help me out with the clinical names for the procedures I just described, so i can do more research, or if you can point me out to some sites with more info, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks guys!  

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
congrats on making the choice to get it done.  the surgeon you're going with, have they done this procedure often, and at the extent that you need it done at? 

Seems like you're getting some drastic work done.  Even if it means not getting it covered by insurance, you might want to shop around.

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
I believe this procedure would be called a mastectomy with a nipple graft.
You can have a look at this thread to get an idea of the results to expect:
www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22303.0

There might be different ways to do it so you might want to check with your surgeon where the scars would be in your case.

Good luck with your surgery!

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
congrats on making the choice to get it done.  the surgeon you're going with, have they done this procedure often, and at the extent that you need it done at? 

Seems like you're getting some drastic work done.  Even if it means not getting it covered by insurance, you might want to shop around.

Yeah, the surgeon is highly qualified.. She been doin it 20 years.  Actually its kinda funny, the walls between the consultation rooms were thin and she was describing the exact same procedure to the guy in the room next to me before it was my turn.  I will ask her on Thursday for some more before and after pictures when I go to get measured for a compression vest on Thursday.

Thank you for your suggestions though. I'll post before and after pictures of me plus let everyone know what I said to get approved by insurance. 

And to the second poster, thanks a bunch for the pics.. his results turned out GREAT.  Got me really excited...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024