Author Topic: Shakeology  (Read 2029 times)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Hey guys, what do you think of this product. Is this safe to take? As in, do you think this could contribute to gyno? Check out the adaptogen blend.

Just google, 'Shakeology Ingredients' and check the stuff out.

Thanks!
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Bumping this up, would appreciate suggestions and your thoughts on this product. Thx!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I will confess to a strong bias against anything when their advertising consists of nothing but anecdotal evidence and testimonials. Usually such stuff is not worth the price.

I am not familiar with this product, but what I have seen does not inspire me to part with any of my coins.
Grandpa Dan

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Hi Paa-Paw, Agreed. But, lets ignore the cost aspect of this. Just by the ingredients itself, do you believe this is ok to take as far as gyno is concerned? My major concern is the gyno part.... Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it ! :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Over the years that I have been frequenting this site there have been many discussions about the effects of various herbal preparation on Gynecomastia.

The usual concern is that many herbs and vegetables contain phyto-estrogens. These are compounds that are similar to the hormone Estrogen. Soy is often given as a source of concern.

Animal hormones are many times stronger that their plant produced copies. The order of difference being several hundred to one. Unless a person had a hormonal imbalance, I cannot take seriously the idea that phytoestrogen would have any significant effect.

At the same time, There is a line of reasoning that says: If the phyto estrogens bind to estrogen receptors and occupy them that would actually bloch that receptor and prevent such things as Gynecomastia.

Unless a person consumed vast quantities of vegetables and herbs containing very high levels of phytoestrogens I am still unconvinced that it would have any effect on gynecomastia.

Eat a balanced diet and take the supliments if you wish. I cannot believe there is any risk.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Thanks Paa-Paw ! I appreciate your feedback.   :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024