Author Topic: Surgery scar removal through laser treatment  (Read 3227 times)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
After e-mailing with a couple of doctors, I have come to the conclusion that only amputation of all breast tissue and skin with nipple areola grafting, might be the only option for me, all because of the severity of my case.

This will leave me with horizontal scars through my chest as if I just had cardiac surgery...

Now I am wondering, is it possible to remove the scarring from the surgery after having the surgery? Is there a type of laser treatment available to remove surgical scars? I heard there's also laser treatment for stretch marks and tattoo removal... That's why I am asking.

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
I am not a doctor or anything of the sort, and I can't tell you about scar removal techniques... But I am scheduled to go through with the exact procedure you are talking about in 10 days... It's basically a mastectomy with free nipple graft.

That being said, I'm not sure you can really get rid of the scar.. However, it should be relatively masked by the scar placement. It will follow the natural contour of your chest. Also, it can be further masked down the line with tattoos.

After I'm all healed up and happy with the results of my surgery (no touch ups needed) I am gonna get my chest tatted up... That should cover up the scars and imperfections a little.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:53:41 PM by Cant_Believe_It »

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
I am not a doctor or anything of the sort, and I can't tell you about scar removal techniques... But I am scheduled to go through with the exact procedure you are talking about in 10 days... It's basically a mastectomy with free nipple graft.

Like I said, I'm not sure you can really get rid of the scar.. However, it should be relatively masked by the scar placement. It will follow the natural contour of your chest. Also, it can be further masked down the line with tattoos.

After I'm all healed up and happy with the results of my surgery (no touch ups needed) I am gonna get my chest tatted up... That should cover up the scars and imperfections a little.

Interesting. Please post your report after surgery. Tattoo's also seem interesting, maybe a tattoo that is the same as my skin color is an option so you don't notice its a tattoo?

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Yeah, I will post a report and pics.. Also, if your case is also relatively severe, you might be able to get the surgery approved by insurance... They approved mine, which the company doesn't normally do. I think they approved it mainly because I told them about my upper back problems that I have (pain and my upper back cracks like 200x a day.. every time I straighten my back). I was being 100% truthful, as I really do think my back problems are caused by the excess weight and leverage caused by my boobs, in conjunction with the fact that I often slouch to hide them. If you have upper back pain too, I would definitely make that clear when you go into a consultation, and the surgeon might be able to have your insurance approve it. If it's rejected, they can still make an appeal for ya. It's worth a shot, at the least.

And as for cosmetic touch-up tattoos, I think your plastic surgeon would be the best to talk to about that. They should be experienced with that as well. My surgeon told me that with the nipple grafting, there's a possibility that the graft will reject. If that happens, she could construct a new nipple with skin (not sure of the technique), and eventually tattoo the nipple to match in color.

But I will go to a regular tattoo artist and have my chest tatted up in mostly black, to cover up the scars and draw attention away from the imperfections (which I'm sure there will be).

As for you, I suggest getting THUG LIFE tatted across your chest in bold letters... LOL jk.

But seriously, I dont think you should be scared of a real tattoo.. Chicks like em anyway ;)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
Haha I am not scared of a real tattoo, not sure about getting one that covers my entire chest though.

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
By the way, thankfully I don't have to walk in a way to hide my moobs since I wear a garment everywhere I go. When are you having surgery? And do you have before pics? You can PM me them if youd like

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
I just took a few "before" pics, which aren't of the greatest quality. My surgery is on the 30th. 8 days away :D.

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
My case looks very similar, only a bit worse. Slightly bigger nipples though. Hope to see after pics too. Good luck

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

The pic doesn't show it, but my ride side areola is pretty big.

And you probably already know, that before the nipple is grafted back on, they trim the areola so its a more natural size.

So have you had a consultation yet? Any surgeons in mind? Are you gonna try to get it claimed on insurance? Good luck to you too...

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
Yes I already know about the areola. Haven't had a consultation. I have a bit more weight to lose and then I will have to travel to America (I live abroad) to have surgery. Yes, a whole journey, but in the end it's worth it.

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Wow... Where are you from? And what city do you want to travel to?

How much weight are you trying to lose? After I recover, I'm getting a personal trainer and gonna hit the gym HARD... It would be better to lose it before surgery, but it's too late for me now haha.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024