Author Topic: WHEN U SHOULD HAVE SURGERY?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline yothugslife

i'm 19 suffering from gyne should i wait until 21 or have my surgery done

Offline blackcladlizard

• Posting Member
If i were you id have it done asap. Most of us regret getting it done late. Try to loose as much weight needed for best results.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If you wait until you are 21, that would be another 2 years of misery... Yes?

Git'er Done dude!!!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At the age of 19 you may qualify for care under your parents medical plan. It is also possible that Their insurance will not cover it but if you wait another 2 years you will be completely on your own for sure.
Grandpa Dan

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I've heard of guys a lot younger than you getting the surgery done, with no problems at all.  Like the others said, why wait and prolong the misery?  If you can afford it, I'd go for it now.  I wish I could have when I was your age.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
get it done. When i was your age, 11 years ago, i was still under the impression that it was excess fat that needed to be worked off. Back then, I didn't have the luxury of online searches at a moments notice etc, so I was still ignorant about the condition.

Anyhow, i just had mine done 2 weeks ago, and damn, I wish i would have had it done when I was your age.  If it bothers you that much, then the surgery will help you fell a lot better about yourself.

Good luck.

Offline yothugslife

Thank you all for your replies. Does the medical insurance cover gynecomastia specifically British Columbia medical service plan(BC MSP)

Offline dussaghun

• Posting Member
Now!  My son is 13 and just had surgery a week ago.  He has done fantastic and now he has a chance at a normal teenage life ( as normal as a teenager can).  I researched everything I could on the subject and very seldom does the breast tissue grow back even if done at a very young age. 

Offline art

• Posting Member
If you have the chance, get it done now!  I'm 30, and I just had the surgery 2 days ago.  When I was 19, I had no idea that surgery was available to correct gynecomastia.  I'm not even sure if there were that many doctors who did it 10 years ago.  If you have an opportunity to have it done as a teen, take it.  You won't regret it at all.  I suffered through 15+ years of ridicule and embarrassment before I had my surgery, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Offline Mothas

• Posting Member
You should get it done now. Why wait longer

Offline yothugslife

Do medical insurance plan cover it? How can u make insurance to cover gyne

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024