Author Topic: Had surgery yesterday  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
After five years of this condition, I finally had my procedure.  I went to two different surgeons and went with my best option.  Always go to at least two,bc one was going to cut all over with no lipo.  But everything went good.  It has taken about three weeks from initial visit to have surgery.  the pain is not bad on first day, but has been pretty sore today.  Nothing unbearable.  Im waitimg to see results, will b a couple of days before I can take vest off.  I will keep updates. 

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Congrats!  Sounds like you are on the road to recovery quite nicely.  Who did your surgery? 
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
Ronald johnson in memphis.  I had a lot of people say he was really good and I liked what he had to say.  He was reasonable on price, but money isnt an issue when it comes to this stuff. 

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
Day 3.  The pain and irritation are minor now.  Its hard not to just start going again.  I still havent seen the results.  Will have to wait till monday.  Im kinda scared after reading some of the post on the site.  But I can already tell a difference.  But I talked to the dr and he said all went well and recovery should be good.  Just have to see.  But its done now.  ill try to post some picks one day. 

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Sounds like things are looking positive!  I was just talking with my wife a second ago regarding this site, and mentioned that it is nice to be able to talk with other guys who have gone through with the surgery to get their perspective on things, good or bad.  I hope it's all good for you!  I'm going in for my surgery in 5 days (Thursday), so I'm getting pretty anxious right about now.  I have to travel about 3 1/2 hours to get to my doctors clinic, and they don't want me to drive (be driven) home so far after the surgery.  They insist I stay overnight at a local hotel, and come back the next day to see the surgeon again for a quick follow up.  As much as I would like to come home right away, can't argue with the doctor right?!  And beside, he's going to want to see how things are looking, so I'll likely get a quick peek then.  I'm looking forward to hearing about your results too!  Good luck  ;D

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
I had to travel two plus hours as well.  Ill go back monday for follow up.  Im glad to hear your wife is on board for your surgery.  My wife never saw the problem and never thought it was "too bad".  She still ask questions.  Im trying to get her to research the topic, just see how that goes.  I hope everything goes well.  Im glad I finally had my done.  Just hope recovery and healing go good.

Offline JPTR

Had my surgery Thur.  Went very well and so far I am happy with the results.  Not to sore...just a little bit.  Doctor took the vest off yesterday to change bandages so I got a quick peek.  And itchy too!!!!  Took a shower today which was nice...wasn't to bad.  Hoping everything stays as is and puffiness doesnt come back...as it looks like it has in quite a few stories on the board.  Will alll be very worth it if it dosen't come back...just real worried that it will and this will all be a big waste!! Will try to keep positive and wear the vest as long as possible!!

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
Well.  Looked at results of surgery.  Not exactly what had in mind.  Just different looking than use to be.  There is still swelling so guess it will be a few weeks till it goes down and skin tightens up.  Im still happy being able to wear shirts and not feel like boobs are present.  Im just gonna have to wait to see the final results

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
From what I hear, being patient for the results is the toughest part!  I look at it this way.  The doctor is removing gland and excess fat from the area, so any way I look at it, it should be an improvement over the way they used to be.  At least that is the hope  :)  Why are the results not quite what you had in mind so far?  Is it that it just looks swollen and resembles the way it was originally?

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
It looks good after I actually looked and talked to dr..  Im just having bruising problems, but the dr said thats all normal.  Just looks like I got beat with a metal pipe.  And bruising is not in actual area worked on.  But yea, time is biggest factor and trying not to do too much.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
It looks good after I actually looked and talked to dr..  Im just having bruising problems, but the dr said thats all normal.  Just looks like I got beat with a metal pipe.  And bruising is not in actual area worked on.  But yea, time is biggest factor and trying not to do too much.

Rollcow,

For complaining that you don't have boobs but do have bruising, you deserve more more bruising via my fists.

Come on man you're free!  ;)

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
the bruising sounds normal. My bruised on the side and middle first, and then about a week later on the actual chest. 

Congrats on being gyne free.

Offline Rollcow

• Posting Member
Yea its good.  I had it in high school, think it was psuedo though, got rid of it and it came back after some bad decisions.  But it is great feeling.  Anyine with condition, go ahead and get it done.  One year is one year too long.  Get a loan.  Ill get some picks up in a few weeks.  If I can figure out how to. Ha.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
It looks good after I actually looked and talked to dr..  Im just having bruising problems, but the dr said thats all normal.  Just looks like I got beat with a metal pipe.  And bruising is not in actual area worked on.  But yea, time is biggest factor and trying not to do too much.

LOL!  I've seen some bruising on others after surgery that is kinda scary, but it comes with the territory.  I'm heading in tomorrow for my surgery, and I bruise fairly easy, so I can just imagine the pretty shades of yellow, purple and black that I will see within the first week.  I'm glad the results are heading in a more positive direction for you, and you are pleased.  Looking forward to the pics.  I just posted some myself for the first time yesterday....kind of a pain in the ass really!

hammer

This is off topic, but it is surgery related! If you guys want to see a fun surgery, look up knee replacement on the internet. when my right one was replaced I did sleep through most of it, but I was awake for the left. The knee is placed in a upright bent position. The old one is cut out above and below the knee with a sawzall type saw. then holes are drilled in both the upper and lower bones and the new metal/plastic knee is glued and screwed in place. as the left one was being done my ass was slamming the operating table, so I asked my doc way it was. He asked if I had pain, I said no just wondering why it slamming the table. he said he was setting the top part into the glue, Cool!

Then starts all the rehab and getting used to prosthetic knees! The new ones are better then the old bad ones but if you never have to replace the ones you have, that is even better!

Now the left SI joint is bad! Is it bad because of the butt slamming the operation table? I don't know, and really don't care, I can learn to live with that too. A cortisone shots now and then goes a long way! If you don't know what the SI joint is, Google it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024