Author Topic: marajiuana caused gynecolastia?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline zeig

Hello,
I'm new to the forum but have been aware of my condition for a few years now, it sucks and gets pointed out more than id like even though i know its not really severe.

anyways i used to be an avid pot smoker but have quit for about a year now, i read that smoking that can cause this condition and i was wondering if stopping would eventually reverse it or if im stuck with this now?

Also,i'm only a college student and i can't possibly afford to pay for surgery, what are some alternatives i can do to reduce my chest size? I heard that if i gain pec muscles it will just make the condition look worse..

any help guys? i appreciate it.

Offline Hope2Help

• Posting Member
If your in the UK it might be a shot trying to claim on the NHS
If you are somewhere without free health care then you might want to try speaking to your parents (if you haven't already) and tell them it's affecting your life, they might be able to chip in :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First, Welcome.

I have been against Marijuana for a long time but the truth is that the government is our enemy when it comes to good information. There have been so many lies told and circulated that the truth is nearly impossible to find.

The fact that the government treats marijuana as a controlled substance with no legitimate medical use makes it impossible to do good reliable research. We would have to look overseas to find any possible acurate information.

So, It might have been an issue or not. Some heavy users do not have any degree of Gynecomastia but overall the condition seems to be more common among users than non-users.

If you have had the condition, without change, for more than two years then it is unlikely to diminish without surgery.

In the short term, there are a variety of compression vests or shirts that effectively conceal the breasts. If you stick around, there will be information on how to dress to minimize your exposure.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i've read a lot of studies on this issue and my conclusion is that NO, MJ has no direct effect on the formation of gynecomastia.  if its settled in there's really nothing to 'cure' it short of surgery. you can minimize it to some extent through diet (eating sugary foods will 'plump' it up as you hold more intracellular water). there are also products you can take that lower your estrogen and/or prolactin levels that will help decrease it's visual prominence

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024