Author Topic: alcohol post surgery and will it come back?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
After I get the surgery, am I prone to getting gyno again if I consume alcohol? I don't know if this is the reason I developed a mild case. This could have happened regardless.I guess theres no way of knowing. In any case,I like to put away some beers on Friday/Saturday nights. Could this allow a recurrence of gyno or once it's removed it's gone? I'm not a raging alcoholic or anything,and I don't want to change the topic to responsible drinking,calories,etc. I was just wondering if this stuff could come back? If it is likely then I will obviously not drink beer. Thanks.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
If your surgeon took the gland out, you'll be find.  Just keep that weight in check.  I drink daily, but mine still look good.  And like you, I'm no raging alcoholic, but I do have a beer or two every night.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Alcohol very soon after surgery is a no-no.  It dilates blood vessels and could result in some bleeding.

But a few days to a week later, a beer or two is quite fine.

Long term, alcohol does not predispose to recurrence of gyne, exept if it leads to cirrhosis of the liver.  When the liver is damaged, it doesn't function well, estrogens accumulate and then stimulate growth of gyne. But this is way down the line -- with advanced liver disease.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Dr. jacobs i just wanna say thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to answer all the real questions we want to know about gyne and post surgery. Ive always wondered about alcohol and marijuana use and gyne and instead of feeding us crap and trying to scare us lije most do you give us straight answers from a professional who has alot of knowledge. It really helps put some stresses and worries to rest. You are awesone kind sir.  much appreciated.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
masked-1

Thanks for the kind words -- you just made my day!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024