Author Topic: Is this Gyno or Fat? Need Help!  (Read 3113 times)

Offline cloud10

I've been working out for over a year and if you see the picture you can see that my upper chest is developed, but I have some man boobs dangling from it...I was wondering if this is gyno or fat?

I've searched that it you feel some type of hard ball under the nipple then its gyno, but if its all squishy then its fat. I don't feel any type of hardness just squishy all over the place.However, I feel like the nipples are too big to be considered only fat...would anybody tell me if I have gyno?

If it is gyno then what would the procedure cost in New York?

I'm 17 years old 5'7 and 163 pounds my Body fat is 18-19%

Offline cloud10

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
All men have some breast glandular tissue and some fatty tisssue between the skin and pectoral muscles. As the word Gynecomastia is currently used, an excess or either one would be called Gynecomastia.

In most cases there is both fatty and glandular tissue. Some people seem concerned about making a distinction between what they call True Gynecomastia (Glandular tissue only) and Pseudo Gynecomastia (fatty tissue only). Again, the distinction is moot as usually both are present.

Most often, the condition is self diagnosed. It is not a disease and often it is not actually abnormal even though it is embarrassing.
Grandpa Dan

Offline cloud10

Thanks, but that didn't answer my question if I have Gyno or its just fat.

Offline VHDude78

• Posting Member
I think it's fat honestly. Cut and hit the weights for afew months to and see what happens. If you're really worried see your doctor.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you can certainly work out some more, but I doubt if you will see significant change on the lower pole of your chest. Your BMI is 25.5 -- very healthy.

It is most likely a combination of breast tissue and fat.  If you want to debate whether it is fat or gyno, that's your choice -- it really doesn't make a difference what you call it, it won't go away by itself.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024