Author Topic: Surgery done! w/ pre/post op pics  (Read 7187 times)

Offline zm

• Silver Member
birmingham, you're still young bro. plenty of time to save. that money could have gone towards my little girls education, even though she is only 3...lol.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
The exam was pretty bad and afterwards I found out I need to average 68% in every module this term to get a respectable overall grade in this year because I kind of messed up in the first term. I've been in pretty much the same situation in college though and worked 6 hours/day during Easter and ended up getting AAA for A levels so I know I can do it.

Anyway I got bored and took a pic. Chest is pretty much flat and I feel much better now after a long rest. Flanks are pretty swollen though and although the shape is different I can see he didn't take anywhere near all the fat out.

Day 3

Offline namsoni

• Bronze Member
Too bad about the exam, but similarly I am a last minute crammer, so I'm sure you'll salvage a decent grade. You'd know more about your flanks, but your chest is definitely looking much better.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
birmingham, why do you have another plaster under your armpits on your right handside?

Offline namsoni

• Bronze Member
Not wanting to pre-emp Birmingham's answer but I think it was because he had his flanks done.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Zm I didn't notice that.. there's an incision there. Maybe more fat was taken out from that side? Nam the flanks incisions are way below.

Zm when do you find out how much fat/gland they took out?

Offline zm

• Silver Member
That's odd...i had fat removed from there as well but i think he just went in through my nipple.

I did ask Nicola about the gland and fat removed and she said i'll know upon discharge....

Offline Dracksus

• Posting Member
Congrats on the op. mate!

Sorry to hear you had a rough day but hopefully you can begin to relax a bit more now and let the healing process do its magic.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Update:

Chest/flanks look the same as in the last pic. Flanks are a bit more sore than the chest right now but both improving every day. Had a nice long shower yesterday and changed the plasters but didn't put any on the underarm incisions because they were in an awkward spot and everytime I took them off the underarm hair had to be ripped off as well. They've closed and are at a stage where you can peel the red stuff off so I doubt the plasters would help.

I'll post 1 week post op pics this Thursday.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Birmingham,

You crack me up bro....you remind me of myself when I was your age. Good work on getting it all done during an exam period. Hope you have been getting some rest and there have been no more surprise guests. Keep us posted.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
1 week post op

Chest feels fine but flanks are still quite sore but improving every day. I reckon in a week I'll have full 100% mobility back.

Can't wait to start gym...

I'll update in a few days busy weekend ahead.

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
That's a big difference from your pre-op pictures!
That chest is totally flat!

It's probably too early to tell what the flanks will look like once your fully recovered (you're about 3 week post-op, right?).

At about 3 weeks I still found it a bit uncomfortable wearing jeans - which was a sure sign that my flanks were still quite swollen.
It was about 5 weeks before all that settled down & I could go running without my flanks aching etc.
Keep massaging them and see what they look like in another 3 weeks time.

I not a big fan of Take That, but they did a song a few years ago called "Patience" and I used to sing it while I did my massage:

"my flanks are numb, have no feelin'
So what, I'm still healing"

"I'm feeling your frustration...Just have a little patience"

Sounds really stupid I know (i think I went a bit crazy staying home for 3 weeks post-op), but it helped to stop me obsessing about the results too early on...
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024