Author Topic: Post Surgery Concerns! HELP!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Heisenberg

So I had my surgery with Dr. Fielding about a week ago, and everything during and after surgery went better than I could have imagined.  ;D Fielding was awesome, and I had little pain besides the occasional stinging and burning; nothing a few meds couldn't fix.  Tomorrow Im good to take off the vest, and as I get closer to actually seeing my chest Im getting more and more worried over a strange pain/feeling that started a day or 2 after the surgery itself. Im hoping its nothing, but I figure its best to ask anyway.
I was getting on a bus in the morning and held onto a vertical bar when I went to sit down, I guess I depended on my arm a little too much and got an extreme stinging, pulling pain on my left chest. It came and went pretty fast, so I didnt think much of it until much later that night when I got a similar feeling on the left side, but much less extreme. Since then Ive noticed occasional pulling or tugging feelings on the skin on my left side, always around the nipple area. As time passed it became more and more frequent until I could feel it at almost any slight movement, including walking. It doesn't usually hurt, although sometimes it can, and feels sensitive and noticeable enough to make me cringe a little bit. The reason Im worried is because my right side has almost no feeling or pain at all, and Im scared that I might have pulled something loose on my left side while lowering myself to sit on the bus that day. Ive been depending on my right arm for most things, because sometimes moving my left brings on the weird pulling. I cant raise my left arm very high without feeling it, but I can move the right almost anywhere without any feelings. What is going on here? Could I have re-opened the incision when I sat down? Could a piece of tape have shifted and is just pulling on my skin a little? Am I just being paranoid and this is all normal?  ??? Im worried than when I take the vest off for the first time tomorrow Ill see a train wreck on my left side. If I did anything to compromise my results I would never let myself live it down. If you guys could tell me anything to put my mind at ease over this I would really appreciate it. Its really been playing with my head the last few days and making me feel a little less positive about the whole thing.  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024