Author Topic: 5 weeks and still some swelling  (Read 1644 times)

Offline st23

• Posting Member
Is this normal? It seems like most people are past this at this stage.The armpit area is swollen in particular. Had the 1 month checkup with PS the other day and he seemed to think everything was ok,but I'm a little skeptical.Is it still too early to rush to judgement or am I seeing pretty much the finished product? Also at this point he said I could ween myself off the compression vest. Are there any benefits to wearing it longer or is it counter productive?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Some heal (go flat) instantly and stay that way, some swell and it takes longer. Yes there are photos and stories of guys getting near instant great looking results, others have posts that indicate it took months before they felt it was resolved. A few of course we not happy with the results even after many weeks or months.

Bottom line is you need to wait 12 weeks before being able to determine how things have gone. This is what I have been told and read here.

You and I are about the same post op time frame. I also have had notable swelling,  and looking only slightly better than before at 5 weeks, and not happy. At this point I can forget even looking at little things like creases or dents - right now I still got side moob on my right!  

12 weeks will be middle of June for me. At that time I will take a very critical look at the results using photos I have from before -   with my doctor, and if still unsure and unhappy about it -  with another doctor.

I stopped compression vests, but I am sticking with heavy compression shirts for many more weeks  - and hitting the workouts again to keep focus on improving my appearance.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
normal.  body reactions to the op can vary, and it could be noticeably different two, four, ten months out.  it's hard, but give it some time. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline nygiants92

• Posting Member
I'm at a little over 4 weeks and my chest was really flat for the first week. Now it looks about half of what I used to have. I am pretty unhappy right now but I know it's a long process. I can't even really tell the difference between what's swelling and what's scar tissue.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024