Author Topic: What to expect with the Doc Consultation?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I have my first appointment today.  I am nervous just becuz I have to show my big chest to someone.  And I never spoke to a doc or anyone about other than my wife.  What should I expect from the doc?  How long do these consultations last?  I hate having this chest I can't wait to get it removed.

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Don't worry about the consultation.  The doctors see this all the time, there is no reason to be embarrassed.  You should write down any questions you have because at the "heat of the moment" you may forget if you're nervous.  The doctor will tell you what to expect with surgery and you may have your chest squeezed, but seriously, the consultation is a breeze, as is surgery.  The consultation can last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.  Just stay positive and be happy we live in a time where surgery is a possibility to get this removed!

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Thanks NO83!  Feel more relaxed by that.  Man, I can't wait for this to be gone.  I don't even know what its like to have a flat chest.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
NO83 is spot on.   It's def a bit nervewracking before going in there; "WTF, I'm gonna let another look at my goofytitties", "cosmetic surgery? this is stupid", etc.  I had all those feelings, too, man.  But it's his job, he went to school for years to do this stuff.  He wants you there!  And he really wants you to ask question, so that he can elaborate on the subject, showing you how smart he is - eventhough in about 4 weeks, you'll be able to write a novel on gynecomastia. 

Def write down questions about: the procedure, what you can expect, how long is recovery, revisions if needed, diet, healing, etc.

Good luck.  Keep us updated!   You're gonna love not having those God awful things.

Offline TheNWS

• Posting Member
It's all worth it I'm now a week on from my surgery and the results are awesome!.  And I still have slight bruising,my dressings come off next wednesday can't wait! Don't worry I'm 17 and the pain was nothing.  I had very little pain the next day and haven' taken pain relief since.  100% go for it bro it's life changing!

Offline xelnaga13

Plastic surgeons see all sorts of physically unpleasing conditions. I doubt that gyno is at the top of the list.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Consultation went well.  Doc said I had a mix of things on on with my chest.  He he I defiantly had a good amount of fat, some glandular tissue and plenty of muscle. Which I agree.  My moobs don't look pointy or hard like others I seen.  My chest was just fatty and flabby looking.  Even with a lot of exercise and weight lighting. 

He said it was hard to tell how much glandular tissue from what he saw.  He said I had more on one side than the other.  His biggest concern was how my skin would react or will it sag, but he said I was young and I had some good skin.  So I am book for Aug 22nd and I cannot wait!

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Good stuff, man.   End of summer, good time to do it.  Seen any reviews on the guy's work?   Did he seem confident and knowledgable??

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Good stuff, man.   End of summer, good time to do it.  Seen any reviews on the guy's work?   Did he seem confident and knowledgable??

I didn't see any cases like mine from this pics.  But his knowledge was there.  He has the all the certs as the other docs who perform this.  And he is the only one in San Jose.  He gets outstanding ratings overall.
I was confident when he said I had a lot of fat tissue, which I wasn't expecting.  But at the same time. I always felt my chest looked different compared to guys with true gyno.  Mine just look fat and flabby.  But he could tell that I had more glandular tissue on one side than the other.  But I had a lot of fat, so it made it hard to tell.  Plus my moobs don't feel all tinder or pain.  Only on the sides.  But I lost about 35 lbs in the last 1 1/2 or so.  My chest stayed fat.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Your chest stayed flat?  I'm kind of lost.  Are you fat all around?

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
Your chest stayed flat?  I'm kind of lost.  Are you fat all around?

I lost 35 lbs in beginning of 2011, maintained the lose. but my chest stayed looking FAT!  Not Flat.  My face, arms, and stomach all shrunk, but now my chest sticks out like  a sore thumb.  The doc said it was more fat issue than anything.  Which I can agree with and find it very hard to burn off from exercising.  Sorry about the confusion.  My chest isn't hard and painful like the pics I have seen from gyne patients.

Offline Showtime620

• Silver Member
Whoops.   My bad, that's what I get for trying to respond to the post using my phone while on the train.

So your chest stays fat and sticks out.  Hopefully he'll take out the glands and shape the rest of your chest nicely with lipo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024