Author Topic: do scars and fluid both heal on there own?  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
i know that we can get injections for the fluid buildup and scars but if we decide not to, would it still be possible for the scars and the fluid buildup to heal on there own over a period of time?

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Light massage of the scar tissue is the apparent answer - this supposedly helps to break it up and displace any fluid. I've heard a lot of people warning not to massage too heavily and to only do light massage if it feels comfortable.

Good luck!
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
im 17 days post op, good time to start massaging?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
17 days is really very early in the healing process.

When you hit 17 weeks, you are about half way there.

Your Surgeon probably provided you with post operative instructions. If you really want the best result possible, simply follow the Doctors instructions.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
17 days is really very early in the healing process.

When you hit 17 weeks, you are about half way there.

Your Surgeon probably provided you with post operative instructions. If you really want the best result possible, simply follow the Doctors instructions.

havent even seen him yet, my post op appointment is in 10 days (4 weeks from surgery).

Offline Wonderman

• Posting Member
Interesting that you haven't seen him yet.  I had my first post op at 5 days and will have my second at 21 days.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Different surgeons vary with their post op care. I can book in an appointment whenever I like but there isn't one automatically set in the diary.

Fluid will eventually seep its way out of your body and any visible scars will heal in time (not completely in all cases). Scar tissue that forms underneath the skin can be broken up by gentle massage of the area.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
Different surgeons vary with their post op care. I can book in an appointment whenever I like but there isn't one automatically set in the diary.

Fluid will eventually seep its way out of your body and any visible scars will heal in time (not completely in all cases). Scar tissue that forms underneath the skin can be broken up by gentle massage of the area.

what the the kentalog injections for than? if we can kill scar tissue by ourselves, why do doctors use kentalog than? and why do they also drain the fluid, when fluid will go away by itself anyways?

and can i start the massage 22 days post op?

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
Ali,

I started massaging 1 week post op.  This is because it was part of my drs. post op care instructions.  I would ask your dr. about massage.  Every doctor is different and depending on the type of surgery, it may influence whether you should massage soon after surgery or wait several weeks. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024