Author Topic: Gyno surgery and acutane  (Read 2243 times)

Offline D-Train

• Posting Member
I'm scheduled for surgery with fielding on August 17th and recently started taking acutane. Does anybody know if this will cause any complications with the surgery? I tried calling Fieldings office but he's on vacation until the 9th.  

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
wierd.  I had the same question.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I had a major problem and took acutane for 6 months. It does absolutely nothing to worsen your gyne as far as for me. I don't think it would hurt you. Acutane was the only acne medicine that really works great and I can almost fully guarantee it won't do anything to your gyne. Just dry the acne and rid the acne on you. Acutane saved my life with acne and permanent scarring. It is a miracle drug and is also a last and proven to work everytime resort. I would say to both of you go ahead and take the medicine it will not do anything to harm you. I would stop using it a few days before surgery and continue using again after you have healed up a bit and are doing well. good luck with acutane it is a life saver.

Offline D-Train

• Posting Member
Well, I did a bit of research and from what I could find the only effect accutane has on surgery is scar recovery. Apparantly acutane inhibits your body's ability to repair scar tissue. So basicaly, you'll be left with the scar from the incision and it  will look pretty crappy if you have any sort of surgery while on accutane. As for real complications though, I couldn't find any. I've only been on it for a week so I think i'll just go off it 'till surgery.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:24:36 PM by D-Train »

Offline nowchasing

• Posting Member
Look like we are going to have the operation on the same day, with the same doctor!  Welcome to the Club!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024