Author Topic: Levick, surgery completed 12/12/12 (pre & post pictures included) & revision  (Read 19476 times)

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Thanks for reminding me of those details, my consultation was that long ago I'd completely forgotten. How'd your post op consultation go? I don't think one month will be a possibility for me as January's a very busy month. Might even have to wait til February for my post op consultation

It went well thanks man. Just had a quick look at my chest, he said there was some swelling (which you can barely make out). He answered a few questions about exercising and scar tissue that I had. He said i'm fine to start working out again now i'm nearly a month post op, as long as I don't go straight for the bench press and load up 100kg :) I feel the need to do some light jogging and light weights.

I don't think there is a rush for the post op consultation. Some people don't go. I personally felt it was nice to have a chat and a check over. But he's local for me so it wasn't an issue. :)

It'll be the best 4k you've spent mate, i've been wearing fitted t shirts for a week and it's been awesome.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Update

Just a quick one to say surgery went well. I am now in recovery :)
Sat up in my room watching highlights of the football now, if id known there was gona be sky sports I would have arranged surgery at the weekend haha.

Arrived at the hospital at 8am, taken off to surgery at around 9.30. Was very nervous, walked down to the operating theatre with my sister, in my sexy paper boxers and gown. Remember levick taking photos, drawing up lines on my chest, had an injection in my hand and answered few questions then next thing... I remember waking up, a nurse talking to me and two other patients in beds opposite me, in some kindof waiting area. Felt very disoriented and have spent the day, from around 11.30 until now, feeling very drowsy, drifting in/out sleep. Got my sister here who's been great, fed me my lunch which was very nice (tomato soup, fish pie and ice cream).

Drains taken out tomorrow, staying here till about 1pm before getting a taxi to new street for the train home. Will post another update when I can. Good to be on the other side and joining all the other guys who have taken this step :)
Gyno free :)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Thanks  :)

2nd update - 1 day post op

Woke up feeling pretty sore, especially under the arm pits. I say woke up, didn't exactly get much, if any sleep. Was kept up needing refills of water, extra blankets, toilet visits and blood pressure readings etc. had breakfast and the drains taken out this morning. Not going to lie it was the most painful bit of the whole experience. Glad I shaved my armpit hair cos that would definitely have got in the way. LHS was more painful than the right but that's probably cos I knew what to expect after the first. Levick came in and showed me the pictures he had taken post op yesterday. Was more taken out from the LHS and I was surprised with the amount he took out. Must admit looking very flat though and so impressed with that. Travelling back home soon to rest up more comfortably and continue the recovery process :)

Pics to follow when I get access to my laptop at home. And when levick sends me his photos

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I'm pleased for you mate, glad it all went well! Welcome to the other side bud!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
congratulations pez, looking forward to hearing how you coped with the journey home as I'm a bit apprehensive about that part!

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Thanks improving.

ricardo7... The journey home, I got a taxi from the priory hospital to new street then a train journey back. Unfortunately had to change which was abit of an inconvenience, if you can get a direct train then do it cos after having the drains out, you're abit fragile. The bumps on the road for the short taxi journey were more of a problem than the train journey but all in all it wasn't really that bad. Just glad to get back and rest :) slept properly last night for the first time in 3 nights and felt so much better for it.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Update - 4 days post op

Not much to report really other than the bandages are really itchy...and driving me slightly crazy. Got plaster removal ready for taking them off, thinking il be doing it tuesday night which will be the 6th day/evening post op, will try keep them on til Wednesday morning but I've heard it doesn't make much difference and I'm dying to take these things off ASAP.

Been taking the antibiotics and pain killers as prescribed but will probably stop the latter tomorrow. Started getting some tingling sensations in the chest today, especially in the LHS,  which all felt abit odd but is normal I'm sure. For anyone having this surgery in the future, buy back scratcher!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:56:16 PM by Pez2 »

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Well Ive finally got around to getting the pictures from my moble onto my laptop so can make this thread abit more interesting.

^^^ Post-op, with the drains in (Note: Do not wear the socks like I am in this photo, they are very tight and I ended up with a swollen toe where I cut off the circulation. Pull them right over your toes  :))

Update - 6 days post op

THE BIG DAY!!
After reading many other peoples experiences on here, it seems most people decide to take off their bandages one day early and I chose to do the same. I could have kept it on for the extra day but the itchiness (if thats even a word) was taking its toll and I was dying to get rid of them. Cant remember who recommended to lay in the bath for abit before taking them off.. but thats what I did and think it helped. Luckily I havent got much back hair and I shaved my chest and armpit hair prior to the op, so it wasnt too painful but did sting a fair bit.

Anyway, I peeled the bandages off very slowly and revealed my new chest, it felt completely surreal seeing my chest after being bandaged up for ages. I am very happy. I am flat and thats the main thing :). Theres some swelling directly under the left armpit and the LHS of the chest is quite swollen but overall, I think its a great result for 6 days post op. Still got a long way to go and scar tissue to come but progress has certainly been made.

Pictures:

^^^ Got a big red mark across my stomache from the plaster. Its even worse on my back and sides but I couldnt get a picture of that very easily.

^^^ Lots of brusing on the LHS and swelling around the nipple.

^^^ Pre and Post Comparison

^^^ Compression Vest - 24/7 for the next two weeks.
Its not the most comfortable and im sure will become itchy and tedious but it's better than the bandages atleast.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:25:15 AM by Pez2 »

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Awesome, great result Pez. The time in the compression vest soon goes!

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Nice results so far mate. I actually miss wearing the vest for the 12 hours I take it off now. Once you get past the first uncomfortable days (under the arm's) it's really comfortable.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Nice results so far mate. I actually miss wearing the vest for the 12 hours I take it off now. Once you get past the first uncomfortable days (under the arm's) it's really comfortable.

I really hope that's true as I didn't get much sleep last night wearing it, was really digging in to my armpits but hopefully it'll become more comfortable as the days go on.

Noticed abit more mobility in my arms today, can get them further behind me and higher when raised directly in front of me...I'd say I'm about 60-65% there at the moment (7 days post op).

Trying to not look at my chest very much since the bandages have come off (which the vest aids with), it's so bruised and yellow it makes me feel quite sick and it simply doesn't feel like my chest at the moment. There's absolutely no feeling in and around the nipples and it all feels very strange.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Just wondering, when would people say is the best time post op to start massaging?  I'm almost 4 weeks post op now.. However I don't think I'm ready for massaging yet, still fairly sore and bruised in places, especially around the nipples but I have the bio oil ready to go.

Nothing much to report really, wearing the compression vest 12 hours a day but not at night now.  My LHS is still quite swollen and the nipple larger than the RHS which is looking very flat. I'm finding my chest is looking different every time I look at it at the moment, trying to not focus on it too much and let the healing process do its thing.  Will post up some more pics when I get around to it. Happy new year guys!  :)

Offline thetodd

You should be massaging around three/four weeks after, so your ready now its not nice feeling really its uncomfortable.

There isnt an exact guide for massaging post op, which is annoying because there is plenty of stuff around on youtube for breast implants.

Levick may be able to tell you in more detail, but my advice would be to use two fingers and just do a gentle but firm massage use the tips of your fingers and take it easy. Do it two/three times a day and dont go overboard with it.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024