Author Topic: Levick, surgery completed 12/12/12 (pre & post pictures included) & revision  (Read 19478 times)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Got my compression garment now. Zip up baggy hoodie and button up shirts ready to go :)
Need to get some jogging bottoms and some decent films ready for post op lazy days (any recommendations?)

Just over 2 weeks left :)
and it's good to see so many others on here having surgery with levick recently. I know he mentioned at the consultation he's been busier than ever with gynecomastia patients, he definitely wasn't lieing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:40:35 PM by Pez2 »
Gyno free :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Those two weeks will go by so fast!! Looks like your all prepared with clothes and arnica already ;)
Levick can definitely afford a great Christmas vacation with all his patients these days :P I think nowadays is the perfect timing,with winter coming up. Shorter days, colder climate and spending more time indoors... And a good half year++ for your chest to recover to next summer. The summer many of us are aiming towards:)

Good luck, try not to think to much about it, and the day will be here before you know it  :)

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Got my compression garment now, arnica ready. Zip up baggy hoodie and button up shirts ready to go :)
Need to get some jogging bottoms and some decent films ready for post op lazy days (any recommendations?)

Just over 2 weeks left :)
and it's good to see so many others on here having surgery with levick recently. I know he mentioned at the consultation he's been busier than ever with gynecomastia patients, he definitely wasn't lieing.

yeh im one of them, he did my op on the 7th of November (he also operated on another forum member the same day). GL.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I think this is a popular time of year for the surgery, he sure is getting plenty of practice ready for yours  :P what date are you booked for?

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
No, not long at all. That'll soon go. You got your travel plans sorted?

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Yeah train all booked and hotel sorted. Decided to go home the day the drains are taken out rather than spend another night in a hotel. Just thought id want to get home and recover.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Don't blame ya. I'm back the same day as long as I'm ok, you can never rest like you can at home.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Only got a couple days left now  :)
I haven't been taking any arnica, to be honest I completely forgot and I've heard it's more of a placebo effect than anything else, with no proven benefits. Anyone got an opinion on this?
Tried on my compression vest for the first time the other day, I took measurements and I was at the maximum of a small. Or the minimum of a medium depending on how you want to look at it. Well I want maximum compression and benefit so  after weighing up the options I went for a small. Tried it on and surprisingly it isn't too bad, I'm sure after 24 or more (or indeed less) hours in the thing, my opinion may change.

Nerves haven't become apparent yet and I doubt will until the day before or the day itself when it all seems very real. I'm just looking forward to getting it done and into recovery  :)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Good luck mate, getting close now. The day itself is very surreal, it feels like a dream that you know the ending to after reading everyones logs lol

I never took the arnica before, i've taken it after tho, nothing wrong with a placebo if thats the worst it is

I have a size small too and its more comfortable then i was expecting, its even stopped digging in under the arms like it did for a couplea days

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
(well it kinda digs in under the arms buts its not uncomfortable like it was)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Well I've for got some arnica so will perhaps take it after the op. making the trip to Birmingham tomorrow, bit of shopping in the bulleing then an overnight stay in a hotel... Then the op I've been waiting for for years  :)
Got some questions I'm sure levicks going to answer involving post op stuff, can't even remember how long he said to wear the compression vest, it doesn't say in the booklet he gave me either.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Best of luck Pez, you're in good hands I assure you. I saw Mr Levick today for my 1 month post op chat, he's always in good spirits.

Don't worry too much about the details. But FYI Its dressings for a week, then compression vest 24/7 for two weeks, then of a week of night time only (or longer if you can)

Look forward to your pics !

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Thanks for reminding me of those details, my consultation was that long ago I'd completely forgotten. How'd your post op consultation go? I don't think one month will be a possibility for me as January's a very busy month. Might even have to wait til February for my post op consultation (should there not be any problems of course, fingers crossed).

Will try to post pictures and updates ASAP after the op. although you've all seen the bandages pics, the 2nd week when the chest is revealed will be the important ones :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Good luck pez:)) Sonn on the other side now :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024