Author Topic: Surgery or Tamoxifen  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Hope2Help

• Posting Member
I went to the RUH today to discuss surgery (finally). The consultant offered me two options, surgery or tamoxifen. Now I am torn, apparently surgery can have it's flaws and make my chest look disfigured, naturally I am concerned. Tamoxifen is a pill alternative to reduce estrogen. Just curious and what I should take and what are the chances of my 15 year old chest being disfigured from surgery.

Thanks  8)

Offline xelnaga13

How long have you had your gyne? The longer you've had it the smaller the chance that it can be treated with medication, or go away naturally.

Disfigurement risk is minimal if you go with an experienced and qualified surgeon.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Also if you have issues with high amounts of estrogen - you are likely to have a re-occurrence later even if surgery makes you look great. That is you may need the surgery and still have to manage your estrogen later. I hope you have had complete blood tests of Testosterone, Free Testosterone, Estrogen (E2), LH, FSH, etc.

There is no reason you can't do both is there? Try the drug for 3-6 months and see if you improve - then move to surgery if it does not help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024