Author Topic: scar tissue need advice  (Read 1677 times)

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
 I don"t know where to start, this is all been a nightmare. I decide to have surgery done in the summer of 2011 excision and lipo, looked flat for a while, than scar tissue came soon after. So i thought don't panic its natural, waited a full year until summer of 2012, looked just about the same before op. My surgeon decided to do a revision which he said he would only do lipo no excision needed. Did all that and now seven months later still can't get rid of it. Than i decided to ask him if he could do kenalog shots. He told me no its not needed it will go away. I got really worried since last time i waited one year and nothing happeded, so i decided to see a different doctor. He denied me saying i don't need any surgery and he didn't want to do kenalog either since he didn't perform the surgery. My  question i guess if for the doctors. What can i do or who can i see should i go to my family doctor, also i have seen costisone creme could that do anything, At this point i am willing to try anything it has been almost 2 years of hopes and dreams. Can someone please help

Offline xelnaga13

I understand your frustration. I had 2 surgeries, both resulting in scar tissue just as big as the original gyne gland. After taking Dr. Jacobs advice i asked my second surgeon for kenalog shots. He did a total of 6 over the course of a few months. The results have been amazing.

Revision surgery does not fix scar tissue build up because it will likely come back just as big if not bigger.

Find an experienced surgeon who is familiar with Kenalog. Don't get discouraged just because one or two doctors turned you down. Some surgeons have never used kenalog on gyne tissue and dont feel comfortable because it can be very dangerous.

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
thank you for your advice i really appreciate it. Also i don't know if i'm being too straightforward but who was the doc.that  did the kenalog shots for you. At this point i will go anywhere in the US or world. I have seen a few docs. already but i can't keep waisting time to see them just to get a no answer.

Offline xelnaga13

Dr. Lam
drbenjaminlam.com/

I cant sing his praise high enough. Ive met with more than 8 surgeons between my first and 2nd surgeries... he stood out because he was just as obsessed with perfection as I was. Not sure where you are located, but its 20 mins from philly, and 10 mins from trenton airport. It also has a great hotel located in a shopping center across the street.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024