Author Topic: Can drug that cause gynecomastia be used to fill in a crater deformity?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
I have kind of a devil's advocate questions.

I have read that a complication of the surgery to fix this can sometimes be a crater deformity due to the void left in your chest after the gland is removed however small pieces of the gland always remain and can be subject to regrow with the use of certain drugs.

Such as steroids, marijuana, Propecia, etc..

Hypothetical question, if someone was left with a crater deformity and starting using drugs which cause gynecomastia, could they enlarge their gland in order to start filling in the hole left from the surgery to the point were it fixes the crater deformity but does not cause a gynecomastia looking chest?

Thanks.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:56:41 AM by Poland2012 »

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Youtube watch?v=1IL22sLF25s

Hahaha, LOL, Yeah, that is how it is a lot.

There was a Mr. Bean movie were he accidentally got a small mark on an expensive painting and he was trying to remove the mark with chemicals to restore the painting to be perfect. By the end, he had removed the entire face from the painting and had redrawn a smiley face in a stick figure looking style.  English comedy, lol.

However, my question is 100% serious. If you have a crater deformity, can you use drugs which cause gynecomastia or enlarge the small gland already there to fill in the crater deformity?

I think I heard a story from Montel Williams on how he had some kind of lump removed from his chest because an army surgeon thought it might be cancer but it was just a small bit of gynecomastia and he said that the gland was removed but it left a crater in his chest and he has to work out as much as he possible can to build up the muscle to keep look like a normal guy and prevent the deformity from looking bad.

Wonder if anyone has ever considered just enlarging the existing left over gland to fill in that hole/crater/indentation deformity, or whatever its called.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
My surgeon said that if I were to develop a crater deformity she would use fat injections. My concern with any drug that caused gynecomastia is that it would only do so in a very unhealthy way; by messing with your hormones. You'd also need for it to be stable once you'd reached the right volume.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:39:48 AM by Poland2012 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Targeted growth is about as impossible as targeted weight loss. That does not keep people who market worthless herbal remedies from claiming that it is true.  So how do you get a drug to cause the breasts to grow slightly without a similar change around the hips?

To make matters worse, once you get the tissue to start growing, How do you get it to stop?

This is not a problem that can be cured with a pill.
Grandpa Dan

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Targeted growth is about as impossible as targeted weight loss. That does not keep people who market worthless herbal remedies from claiming that it is true.  So how do you get a drug to cause the breasts to grow slightly without a similar change around the hips?

To make matters worse, once you get the tissue to start growing, How do you get it to stop?

This is not a problem that can be cured with a pill.

You are saying that once the breast start growing that discontinuing the use of the drug will not stop it from growing?

So if you have a crater deformity, then your options are:

1. Fat flaps,
2. Fat injections
3. Workout like crazy and see if the muscle can somehow fill the void in the chest.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Generally, something went wrong and the hormones were out of balance. Then the breasts started to grow. If the problem was a medication, simply withdrawing the medication will eventually allow the hormones to return to normal and the growth will stop. The stimulation of tissues in the breat area also caused swelling and it will slowly subside too. Your hormones to not change instantly. Depending upon what has taken place it could take a while. Your individual physiology is what makes the whole process unpredictable.

Propecia is a good example. It is taken by a large number of men to prevent baldness without any ill effect. A small number of men develop Gynecomastia when taking Propecia. If the drug is withdrawn right away, some of the men will have the enlargement of the breasts completely subside. Others will have to growth stop but not subside. Finally some men will have additional growth or even hypogonadism. There is no telling in advance how you might react to this, but most men have no problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024