Author Topic: Gyno returning, estrogen blockers?  (Read 6934 times)

Offline dmy90

I had surgery on the nhs about 6 weeks ago, surgery all went well and I have healed up nicely. Over the past week and a half the hard lump and puffiness has stared to reform under my right nipple alomg with it being sore/tender and I am certain it's gyno once again, pretty sure it's not scar tissue. Went to docs today and he arranged a meeting with my surgeon again in two weeks but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone had experience with estrogen blockers? I've seen plenty on supplement websites, if so do they have any negatives/side effects? Any info would be great, thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your gyne is NOT returning -- it is scar tissue which typically builds up under the nipples between 4 and 12 weeks after surgery.  If your nipples were originally flat after surgery, then you can rule out any possible breast tissue which the surgeon might have left behind.

Best to speak to your surgeon about how he would manage this issue.  Diagnosing yourself and then rushing out to self-treat with estrogen blockers is absolutely foolhardy.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline xelnaga13

X2. My scar tissue was the exact same size as my original glands. My surgeon used kenalog injections to shrink the scar tissue so my final results were excellent.

Additionally, Endocrinology is extremely complex. If you truly have a hormone imbalance causing another occurrence you need to see a professional. One example of how you can make your condition worse: Estrogen has a moderating effect on the production of testosterone, when estrogen is blocked or lowered your testosterone rises. Once the anti estrogen is stopped your left with excess testosterone ready to be converted to excess estrogen. This hormonal rebound can actually cause gyne.

Offline dmy90

Thanks for the replies, I'm probably just being paranoid as it seems to good to be true having a flat chest now!haha I've seeing my surgeon on the 26th so hopefully he agrees that's it's just scar tissue, thanks again:)

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Estro rebound will make u worst off. Good ol patience bro

Offline thetodd

What have the NHS told you in terms of post op care, have they mentioned about massaging to reduce scar tissue? Did you get given a compression vest at all?

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline dmy90

What have the NHS told you in terms of post op care, have they mentioned about massaging to reduce scar tissue? Did you get given a compression vest at all?

yeah i had an appointment two weeks after my surgery and was told to massage the area to help loosen it up an help scar tissue. I wasn't given a compression vest though, something which I thought I would so I went to my gp the day after my op, he contacted my surgeon and assured me I shouldn't need one. I thought I would defiantly need one but I've healed really well and I am happy with the results

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024