Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis 13/06/13 - [Full Details + Pictures] UPDATED  (Read 12879 times)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Also might I add that I am very happy about how my skin has gone tight across my chest instantly... I honestly thought I'd have lines below where the curve of my moobs used to hang and sometimes leave creases. But there are no lines what so ever. I guess it depends on how old you are and I am still 21, but a heads up for people that might worry about this kind of thing mine come out fine.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I think it is amazing how Karidis can so so much work through such a tiny cut! - have watched a few tube videos of top US surgeons using the same technique - clever stuff!

Skin should snap back nicely really - I mean you can pinch your skin up quite a bit and it will snap right back... Think people worry too much about having spare skin - only seems to be a concern in really extreme cases, usually when the person has lost a huge amount of weight (IE from being clinically obese)

Anyway, keep up with the excellent photos, the quality close-ups are very reassuring to those of us still saving hard for our turn under the knife!!

:)

Offline thetodd

Great results, your nipples have shrunk loads!

Great documenting aswell, you can see our cash is going looking at that bloody waiting room it never used to look like that lol. Keep documenting your recovery, even if you dont post the pics on here just keep them for your own benefit it helps with recovery loads.

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Holy shit i thought my nipples shrank a lot! That gland really does stretch the hell out of them. Awesome results mate i bet your over the moon, how was it taking the padding off haha.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
I think it is amazing how Karidis can so so much work through such a tiny cut! - have watched a few tube videos of top US surgeons using the same technique - clever stuff!

Skin should snap back nicely really - I mean you can pinch your skin up quite a bit and it will snap right back... Think people worry too much about having spare skin - only seems to be a concern in really extreme cases, usually when the person has lost a huge amount of weight (IE from being clinically obese)

Anyway, keep up with the excellent photos, the quality close-ups are very reassuring to those of us still saving hard for our turn under the knife!!

:)

Yeah I think so to, you have to be pretty obese for the skin to snap back, but where you are just used to having these moobs that hang with flabby skin you don't think it's gonna snap back until it does instantly... At the moment I don't wanna do any skin pinching as it's all very numb and I hate feeling my chest and feeling a very slight touch there along with a shit load of numbness. Does anybody know how long it takes to get feeling back in your chest around the areas the lipo was done? There is more feeling around the outside as you get closer to the nipple it gets number.

Great results, your nipples have shrunk loads!

Great documenting aswell, you can see our cash is going looking at that bloody waiting room it never used to look like that lol. Keep documenting your recovery, even if you dont post the pics on here just keep them for your own benefit it helps with recovery loads.

Yes they have indeed, they are just wrinkley as darn now, but it's 10x better than those big ass puffy things, lets just hope they continue to improve as I heal. Don't worry I'll continue to post pics, I like to give out help just like all the help and great pics I've seen from everyone elses threads. Going to try stay around for as long as I can.

Holy shit i thought my nipples shrank a lot! That gland really does stretch the hell out of them. Awesome results mate i bet your over the moon, how was it taking the padding off haha.

Very over the moon atm, just can't wait for the numbness and tightness to go so I can get to that point where people say they feel like they've had nothing done. It's pretty tight atm and I feel like I'm really hunching my shoulders forward because of it? Mate the padding was a nightmare, my skin is still a little sticky in places just where I couldn't scrub hard in the shower. That stuff is so fucking sticky it's a joke, was probably the worst part of all of this getting that shit off lol.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
UPDATE Day 3:

So I had my second shower today, had the vest off for about an hour probably, loving the look of this flat chest, although I'm eager to see my nipples again, but won't until next week when I take the plasters off. My bruising isn't all that bad I just have gone a yellow colour, hopefully should clear up in a couple of weeks. I forgot to take some pictures though, so will next time.

I took off my right armpit plaster to replace it cos it was open a little at the bottom where the armpit ones are just awkward to put on proper, had a look and that armpit cut has scabbed already, which is great. I'm a tiny bit swollen sort of on my Lats, on the side of my body left and right under the armpits. Other than that, wasn't really swollen anywhere else.

Had enough of sleeping in the leaning upwards position everytime I wake up i'm just slanted back down and my neck is completely aching because my head is in the upright position lol! So going to sleep flat on my back tonight, I imagine I'll sleep all the way through, constantly kept waking up last night. Mainly when I get a little sweaty, which makes me so glad it's not really hot horrible weather yet.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Has anybody else ever heard a fluid, squishy bubbley type sound come from their chest when they've scratched it? Whenever I scratch the top of my chest, not even in the main area near the nipple because I just wouldn't go that far close to it, it's literally at the top of my chest, if I just move my finger along from closer to the center outwards I hear that kind of sound, like it's fluidy? it's like a bubble kind of sound really hard to explain but yeah anyone else ever had this or know if it's something quite normal. It kinda really freaked me out, I do it on the other side of my chest and nothing happens just at the top of my right pec? And it happens anytime I do it there, trying to not touch it now :(

I guess you could say it sounds like when you are at the bottom (nearly drunk it all) of a ribena carton and if you squeezed the sound you'd hear try and bubble through the straw? Best thing I can think of to explain it.

----------------------

Edit: - I found out it is fluid and people can get that kind of sound when massaging, obviously because I was scratching or wiping my finger across the top of my chest this was enough to make the sound. Wish it wasn't doing it because it sounds fucking horrible, but if it's part of the process then it's part of it. Surprised that nobody has really spoken about that when they have spoken about the massaging if it's quite common?

P.s - just put on my Nike under amour vest under the compression vest and my god it feels so much better, not itchy, more slidey against the under amour material. Just feels better. Recommend it to anyone that's not getting on nicely with the vest or it's bugging the hell out of them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:29:46 PM by KSS24 »

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Sorry for the delay in replying - been away on a long weekend with no internet access.

Great result!!!  What a massive difference :)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Day 6 and I'm feeling fine. I can't believe I'm about to be 1 week post-op tomorrow. I will finally take off the plasters on my nipples and pray they have improved a little since I last saw them. I am highly considering taking off my vest to the 12 hour a day/night thing after tomorrow, I honestly feel my chest has little or no swelling even when I've taken it off for an hour whilst showering etc. Plus I've seen other people say that have taken off their vest to the 12 hour a day/night after the first week.

I have most of my movement when moving my arms about, I can also lift them above my head slowly which I think is good for 6 days post-op. Got some feeling back around the outter edges of my chest now as well, still numb towards the middle and on the nipple. Not sure how long the numbness lasts?

I will post my Day 3, Day 5 & Day 7 pictures tomorrow.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Nice to see your healing well, i would cut down on the vest if i was you if it was really pissing you off and youre not swollen. I wish i did because like you i didnt swell one bit either.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Yeah well tomorrow is 1 week and I have to go into town to have a meeting with a client I do work for, for a good 3-4 hours. And it's going to be fairly warm tomrorow so I can't really wear a jumper and don't want people seeing the vest under a shirt so I may well go in without the vest and when I get home see how my chest is with swelling after the 3-4 hours. If I need to put it back on then so be it.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY NIPPLES!  ;D

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
UPDATE: Day 14 (almost)

It's going GREAT!! I've been very busy with work over the last week and it was my birthday this week also so all been a bit hectic. I've still been getting pictures. I have Day 3, 5, 7 and now 14 to post. It's 14 tomorrow but today is good enough.

I can't believe how fast it's gone already, and I'm feeling so much better than I did that first week mainly the first couple of days, I've been having the vest off for a fair few hours daily as it was just pissing me off and my swelling etc really isn't that bad, I'm still half numb but actually have half feeling also it's weird it's like a very mild numbness so I still have feeling, and that's only really in the middle of my chest on each side. My movement is totally 100% fine and has been for days now, as for lifting my arms directly above my head and stretching real far, I can do it but sometimes has to be slower as it's tight.

My scars under the armpits are like non-exsistant. Wouldn 't even think anything has been done so that's wicked. My nipples on the other hand are going through a mad phase. The right one went almost completely black/bruised with a scabby thing over it and the other only half of it was. A bit of the scab on the right one, right in the center of my nipple come off a bit as I was rubbing and feeling the scab to reveal what looks like very tender healing nipple, I'm sure why it's doing this on the outside, I guess the roughness of them pulling the gland out of below your nipple. In terms of the nipple scars, the right one has a scab the whole way under which is good to see it's all healing up slowly, but the left one has only a bit of scab and I noticed that when I lift my arm it actually opens up a little bit? A bit worried it's healing open and healing more inside and leaving a gap that can be seen into? But it's still early days probably will be fine, just worrying!

I also got my stats back today through email. They took out:

• 700mls of fat total - 350mls from each side.
  • Gland - 25 grams from left
  • Gland - 54 grams from right <<< Over double the left that shit was MASSIVE

I've noticed mine was A LOT bigger than some other peoples here who are roughly the same size as me, which makes me even happier to know mine wasn't just all in my head about how bad and big it looked. I really wish Karidis took pictures of the gland sitting on my chest, I want to see how much 54 grams on one side actually looks once it's taken out.

Anyway that's my little update on my progress I've taken the pictures off my phone and put on my PC so will post them later once I've resized and cropped them.

Day 3 Pictures

Left

Right

Day 5 Pictures

Left

Right

Day 7 Pictures

Left

Right

Day 14 Pictures

Left

Right

Left

Right

Right Tensed

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:03:04 AM by KSS24 »

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Those are some impressive stats!

Looks great and the bruising doesn't seem to be too hideous either which you must be very pleased about.  He's done a great job on the nipple area too.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Yes I am very very pleased with everything so far, the scar tissue is starting to form which you can actually see throughout these pictures over the course of a week, it's not as smooth as it was. Will start massaging next week although I feel like I can probably start it now.

Yeah nipples are great, just want this black colour and scabs to go and have normal coloured/feeling nipples back. Lets hope they stay as flat as they are now!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024