Author Topic: Gyne/Puffy Nipple surgery - 10/06/2013 - Highgate Hospital  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, just seen the UK tab on this website so re-posting here :)

Hi all, just want to say hi and give some updates regarding my gynaecomastia surgery I had on Monday 10th June.

I'm 29 years old, 78kgs and 6'1. Fit, healthy and well exercised.

After undertaking surgery in 2009 on the NHS for gynaecomastia, I quickly discovered only half a job had been done. My main concern were my areolas protruding. A problem that has persisted since the age of 15 and has knocked my confidence in countless ways. Although some gland was removed the problem persisted just as much as before with no improvement. Four years later (can't believe it's that long!) I've taken the plunge and gone private to rectify the situation.

After seeking out a number of surgeons around London/Nottingham I decided to go with Dr Solomos at the HMGroup. Previous op photos looked good, I liked his character and he seemed confident and understanding as to exactly what my issue was, bearing in mind how sceptical I've been due to having one failed attempt.

The Highgate hospital/staff were great and Solomos put me at ease as soon as I saw him prior to surgery. Confirmation as to why I chose him. He confirmed the surgery went well and said I'll be happy with the results. I do trust him and fingers crossed I'll no longer have puffy nipples! The chest area as a whole is flatter but can't see for sure the outcome of the nipples as they're bandaged over. He showed me a picture of the glandular tissue removal which I found very interesting and now have.

Only two days later and I've had no painkillers today. I'm mobile but not pushing it and fully aware of my limited movement. Pottering around and walking all good. Chest area, especially gland removal area pretty numb - should regain sensation with time. First night after surgery I barely slept but guess that's due to the General An being pretty hardcore. Slept for a good 7 hours last night with two brief awakenings so guess that's pretty good.

I'll give some more updates soon. So far so good and pleased I went with Dr Solomos:)

Re: Gyne/Puffy Nipple surgery - 10/06/2013 - Highgate Hospital
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »

Hi all, here are a couple of updates since my surgery.

The last week I've been surprisingly little/no pain. No painkillers since the day after my surgery. The only negative thing is sleep being disturbed by needing to lie on my back the whole time!

Went to the Harley Street clinic in London this morning to have bandages removed. Grateful that so far everything has healed as well as it could have, according to the nurse.

Results - My puffy nipples seem to have gone! Not only that the areola seem to have contracted too. Smaller even than when previously they tensed whenever I was cold or forced by my self which is what I'd always do without fail before that brief journey from the changing locker to the swimming pool. I would avoid beaches etc at all costs as it's pretty much impossible to keep them in that state.

Although all is going good so far I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I'm fully aware the recovery process can change things aesthetically. I've heard of guys really happy with results only to change after a month or two. I'm praying this doesn't happen and only 7 days since the op so it's very early days.

Here are some pics, unfortunately I only have one pre-surgery photo which was taken back in 2009 before my original op (didn't affect my puffy nipples anyway post first op). Wish I had taken a couple more but will try and get some from my nurse who took some pics before my op this time round.

I'll give another update in the next couple of weeks but thought maybe some people would find the process interesting as I have done by looking at others on this website

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member

Offline thetodd

Looks great so far, keep on posting updates its good to see other surgeons get recognition on here ive heard Solomos's name before but havent seen any pics so great stuff!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
thanks mate. Nearly four weeks in already so will do another post very soon.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
Time for another update!

It's just after four weeks since my op. Overall, the issue I had for puffy nipples has gone, thus far! The areola are still smaller too.
There is some kind of soft/hard tissue which I think is scar tissue forming under my left nipple, not much though. This has been there pretty much since the removal of bandages after 7 days. Where present, it makes the nipple stand out slightly. Not much at all but a little more than after the first week. To anyone else this is probably not noticeable! After week two, running across the top of my rib under my nipple, some sensitive scar tissue had formed whereas on the right not much. This is now subsiding. The nurse advised all this could be due to the surgeon working on this side of my chest more. I'm not surprised, from the photo of the glands excised the left was nearly twice the size so I imagine more trauma has been caused there, thus more healing needed.

Lumpy scar tissue was evident between the end of week one and two. This is still present and can change slightly day to day. It's still tender to the touch but not painful. I get the odd ache and pain, this is usually after I've been moving around a lot. However, I'm surprised in general with the lack of pain in the first few weeks after surgery. I thought it would be way, way worse. Very impressed with the incision scars, can hardly see them at all. If you can make out the scarring from the photos, that's probably from the 2009 surgery.

Movement wise I'm way more mobile now. Feels like a big elastic band is pulling when I try to lift my arms above my head which I think is a result of the scar tissue/skin/muscles forming bonds. It's a strange feeling! I'm going to start introducing exercise back into my routine now too. I have missed that massively! I've heard from other people the healing process can be an emotional rollercoaster. For me, there have been times when I've felt quite down and wouldn't be surprised if this was aided due to the lack of exercise.

On the whole, so far there is a massive difference aesthetically and looks good. The right side I am currently extremely happy with! The surgeon said at first the chest would seem very flat and would need to exercise to help shape it to it's new contours. So there is a lot more to be done before seeing the final results. I have my 6 week post op with Dr Solomos at the end of this month. So far I think he's done a great job. My friends and family are also impressed with the work done. This is reassuring, last time they agreed there wasn't much difference made after the first surgery in 2009.

Apologies for the lengthy post but want to cover all bases  Hope you find it interesting/helpful. I'm more than happy to answer any questions etc.

Photos taken during the fourth week. The ones of scar tissue show how the dried blood has now rubbed off.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
scar tissue right

Over the moon for you mate, looks absolutely spot on. By far the best close up pics I have seen too.

Thanks for uploading these, gives me a good idea of what to expect.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
Thanks mate. I'm pleased you find them helpful, this the aim. Are you considering having surgery your self?

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
Thanks mate. I'm pleased you find them helpful, this the aim. Are you considering having surgery your self?

Without guys like you I would be lost. Yes I am also considering surgery. My chest is slightly less than yours and I suffer from mild puffy nipple gynecomastia. I hate slouching forward in my seat, thats when it looks its worse and goes all pointy. Did you notice the same, and when you slouch forward now does your chest still contour properly?

The incisions are tiny and im very impressed to be honest. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024