Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Fielding in late August.. any tips or suggestions?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline MalkinFan71

Hi there,

I had my consult with Dr. Fielding about a month ago and was quoted just over $2800.00. He specifically said he feels he can really help me but is a bit worried that due to recent weight loss (I've lost about 75 lbs in preparation for surgery) I will have too much skin left over and my nipples will be lower than normal on my chest but will try some tricks such lipo around the collar bone to encourage the skin to pull up a bit. I booked my surgery and I sent my check via courier (I'm from out of town). I called in today to confirm they received it as the tracking number says they did and I wanted the peace of mind that it was all taken care of... find out they're closed until August 12th.

At any rate... I don't want to make any mistakes with aftercare. Anyone have any tips? I want to have the best chance of getting the best results possible so any help would be appreciated.

I called the Sheraton Centre Hotel and got a compassionate care rate of 119.99 per night, booking that tonight or tomorrow, and will be greyhoundng up with my friend. Should my friend expect me to be able to go for a walk sight see at all after my surgery?

If a revision surgery is needed... how much does that usually cost? Is it covered in the original payment? And he mentioned that he wants to avoid cutting skin off as it would result in scars on my chest and to wait a year before deciding if too much skin is left over. Would that cost extra you think? I should have asked but I was so uncomfortable sitting there with my shirt off... couldn't think straight.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
I would lay in bed for the most part the first day or two. After that, a little moving around wouldn't be bad, but you probably shouldn't go walking around for long periods of time or in crowds of people. After about two weeks it really helps to move the arms around a bit. Driving a car was painful at first for me, but coming back from work at the end of the day it was fine. Point being, after a while moving around helps with pain tremendously. Just no heavy or even moderate lifting until your doctor gives the ok. That's my experience.

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
$2800... That seems quite low...what are you exactly getting done?

Offline Cpnh78

• Posting Member
I must say, that sounds very low. My surgery was 8 grand. I added  some lipo to my abdomen as well, but just anestesia and recovery costs alone were 2800.00. Make sure your costs are really covering everything you want.

I felt really good the day of surgery, a bit uncomfortable, very swollen as time went by.  After the third day, I was 75 percent back to normal. Just rest as needed. I'm 11 days out now and it's like I never had surgery. I am back into my normal routine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024