Author Topic: Losing weight first and a few beginner questions/my story  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Benign

• Posting Member
Sorry if these questions are asked often.., im new here and this site is really comforting

Im in quite a tough situation with gyne. I'm 20 and have had it since i was 12-13 and in 2011, my brother who is 2 years older had gyne surgery successfully... I feel really guilty putting my mum under any financial pressure with the gyne surgery since she spent $7000 on my brother, and she was quite reluctant when I first told her i need surgery, since i >appear< to have a lot of confidence, so she figured i wouldn't care much, she has said if we need to do it then she'll help out.. But I don't think ill take that big of a favour and put strain on the family

I cant work much since i study full time etc... But I will try to save everything over next few months. (Sorry for rambling lol). First question, im from Victoria australia, does anyone know how much the surgery will cost for around here? Im 99% sure health insurance wouldnt cover it

2nd question, ive always had a solid build and alot of muscle, so my healthy body weight would be roughly 85-90 kg(200 lbs)(im 6'3). And I weigh about 100 now(220lbs). What do u guys recommend my weight be before doing the surgery? Is being 10-15 kg overweight a huge detriment and if so, what can be the impact of that? I read somewhere the gyne is likely to come back, or likely not be completely gone if im not quite lean... Is this true? Note: i plan on losing the 10-15kg over the next year if it doesn't effect the surgery.... Would that make it look worse, losing it post OP?

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated :) i will add in things if i forgot any
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:00:44 AM by Benign »

hammer

It would be very wise to first loss weight before surgery because it is also a cause of gynecomastia, and it is also a very healthy thing to do.

As far as gyne coming back only a doctor checking your hormone levels may be able to help you with that, or any other medical condition.

If you would be normal hormone level have the surgery, then start taking steroids to build up muscle you could get them back, or get them back by use from some other medications. No one can just predict that.

Offline Benign

• Posting Member
I'm pretty certain I'm above average testosterone so I think I might just cut down for a bit for a month or 2 then do surgery

I was just worried that if I have surgery with a lot of chest fat, will the skin be loose etc and cause the outcome to look worse... but  I guess that all depends

Thanks for reply!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024