Author Topic: New To The Site But After Advice.  (Read 1335 times)

Offline DeanoVV

Hello,

Would like to introduce my self, my name is dean, im 24 live in the UK and have been suffering with gynecomastia for a while now, (since puberty),
Im 5.7ft and used to be allot thinner when I was younger (under 10st) but whilst getting older ive put on a few pounds now weighing in at (12st) and though I wouldn't consider my self fat i have noticed the gyno getting worse, im at the stage were i don't really have a nipple its just a pink lumps that stick out and a really noticable through t-shirts etc... i find my self scratching them all the time to send them hard so they look normal , i must do this 200 times a day and its really got me down these past few years, ill even put plasters over them if im going out and a t-shirt i want to wear i cant remember the last time i went swimming or took my top off in public, ive decided its time for surgery. it has seriously effected my life in everything i do from what i were to places i go and feel it has seriously damaged my confidence.

Im not sure if this is mostly an american site or if there is info on UK based surgery's but if anyone could give me any information atall, from prices, were to go, were to start etc... id really appreciate it.  Ill try and get a picture if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Hope you can help and i hope i can help others with this journy im going to be starting soon.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Welcome Dean, My name is Dan.

You found the right place.

I think you are right in that there are more people from the US than elsewhere, but the site is truly international.

You are not the first to use plasters. (We call them Band Aids On this side of the pond.)But it is not really a good idea as they can be irritating and could even cause scars. Besides that, They do not really work as well as you might think.

No doubt some of your countrymen will check in soon and steer you in the right direction.
Grandpa Dan

Offline DeanoVV

Hello Dan, thanks for the reply, yes i did notice some irritation after using them for about a week, took a while to heal. ive seen compression shirts on the net that i might give a go if there recommended but im dead set on surgery, my only problem is that id like it done sooner than later, but to get it done id need to get some sort of finance scheme, however my credit history isn't the best due to my past and even though im now on much more money than i was back then to save around £4,000 would take me a while. no one knows of my problem except my girlfriend and even she hasn't really seen it at its worse as i even keep my top on in front of her and we've been together close to 3 years now. thanks, dean

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm not only in the US, but in Southern California very near the west coast. I'm not too familiar with your medical system but it seems to me that we hear from people once in a while who get the surgery done at very low or no cost. Go through the index and you'll find a local section for the U.K. Post there too and you'll be more likely to get a response with the information you need.

You'll want to check this section regularly too for more general information.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024