Author Topic: Does doing chest building exercise make it beeter or worse?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Does doing chest building exercise make it beeter or worse?

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
From my experience it made it more noticeable.  Exercise prior to surgery was good because I did lose a lot of fat surrounding the chest area, but developing the chest muscles seemed to push my gyne further out.   

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I doubt if you will find a truly objective answer.

My best guess is that it really makes little or no difference at all.

If you get onto a body building program, You start to look at your own body in greater detail and much more critically. Under such conditions, the breasts would seem larger even if they were not.  As one man noted several years ago, Small puffy nipples seem larger if they are perched atop well developed muscles.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
[/quoDoes doing chest building exercise make it beeter or worse?]

I encourage anyone to build up their chest muscles.  However, that will not make your gyne disappear.  In some cases, since the gyne sits on top of the muscle, building up the muscle bulk will actually make the gyne appear larger!  If you lose weight at the same time, then the fat component of your gyne will diminish somewhat but the breast tissue component will remain and perhaps be more evident when your chest muscle bulks up.

However, if you decide to have gyne surgery, your chest muscle will be larger and thus you will have much better definition after the surgery is completed.

Pump iron!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024