Author Topic: Do I need surgery?  (Read 3870 times)

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
Sorry guys I know you probably deal with a million of these types of threads.

I've been dealing with this detestable condition ever since I was basically 10 years old. I have been overweight for most of my life. I am currently 6'0 and weigh 200lbs.

I am starting to work out now and hoping that maybe I don't need surgery as that is the absolute last resort. Do you guys think that vigorous working out for a year or so (losing weight and building muscle) will help or is surgery the only solution? Thanks a ton!

hammer

You will need to have surgery unless you plan to be one of us that accept our breast!

You will not rid yourself of then in any other way except surgery I'm sorry to say, so my advice is that you will need to do your home work to find a very good surgeon that is very qualified with gynecomastia surgery and save your money, that is if you do desire surgery.

This is a great place to start, right here on this forum! You can get a lot of info on good doctors right here.

Good luck.

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
Damn it.....I am 24 and still in university with a good $40,000 debt for school. I don't know how on earth I'm going to afford a surgery.

This really sucks, this has been ruining my life forever, I can't go swimming, can't take my shirt off in locker rooms, can't go in hot tubs with everyone else and have to make pathetic excuses. It's just so terrible in every aspect.

Howcome so many videos and bodybuilders will tell you that most of the time gyno is just being fat and out of shape and that getting in shape will get rid of it?

hammer

Hey bud, I know it is a different world today as I have kids ages 34-22, but I also had breast all my life and I was in the service for 11 years and had my shirt of in front of guys all the time! I'm now a 46H and still have to take it off in front of student doctors, just young kids compared to me at the VA all the time and it isn't the end of the world as there are a ton of worst things!

One worst thing I can come up with off the top of my head is my power wheelchair stops working in the middle of no where and it's to far to walk ,as I still can very short distances and I can't craw because I don't have real knees  and no one comes along to help me, and I forgot my cell phone and my Ham radio too! Oh shit, and guess what, I also have 46H boobs!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize your problem as I said, I know it's a different world today, but try to look at the bright side of things, your glass is still half full!

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Dude dont listen to that! your young and it bothers you so figure out a way to get the surgery. Some people come from different times where they feel comfortable taking their shirt off with DD"s,we are in a DIFFERENT time. Save and find an experienced surgeon or from this site and get on with your life. Good Luck

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
Hey bud, I know it is a different world today as I have kids ages 34-22, but I also had breast all my life and I was in the service for 11 years and had my shirt of in front of guys all the time! I'm now a 46H and still have to take it off in front of student doctors, just young kids compared to me at the VA all the time and it isn't the end of the world as there are a ton of worst things!

One worst thing I can come up with off the top of my head is my power wheelchair stops working in the middle of no where and it's to far to walk ,as I still can very short distances and I can't craw because I don't have real knees  and no one comes along to help me, and I forgot my cell phone and my Ham radio too! Oh shit, and guess what, I also have 46H boobs!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize your problem as I said, I know it's a different world today, but try to look at the bright side of things, your glass is still half full!
I hear ya....All the best to you man, my issue is smalltime relatively speaking. Thanks for the support.

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
Dude dont listen to that! your young and it bothers you so figure out a way to get the surgery. Some people come from different times where they feel comfortable taking their shirt off with DD"s,we are in a DIFFERENT time. Save and find an experienced surgeon or from this site and get on with your life. Good Luck
I know it's different for each person, but roughly how much $ do you think it would cost? I live in Toronto, Canada.

Mikec1294

I know it's different for each person, but roughly how much $ do you think it would cost? I live in Toronto, Canada.

Hey,

if you go to Dr.Fielding his average pricing seems to be roughly around $2800...it really isn't that much to pay for a surgery that will change your life...I know that sounds dramatic but it really well.

I'm only 16 days post OP and I have some swelling but I can already say that this was the best thing I've ever done...I just feel more confident.

He is located right at Jane/Bloor

PS I'm 24 as well.

hammer

I'm not trying to tell him not to have surgery, I telling him to look at thinks differently! I think he should have the surgery! How ever he is focused on "NO MONEY" (his glass is half empty)!

I WISH YOU GUYS COULD GET POSITIVE EVEN WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE THE CHIPS ARE DOWN,

cduud, if I remember right(sometimes I don't) I believe you are in Florida and saved a limited amount of money and tried to fine a good doctor to help you and you did! You had high blood pressure and had to wait for the surgery at first, then I and another member said that you could bring it down and you did, then had your surgery, am I thinking right?

Positive thinking can take you a long ways guys! In reality $40,000.00 in school loans is nothing! I have two daughters with it too, one went in the Navy to pay it, the other is buying a home with her husband and has a car payment too on top of it, so you can just imagine how much they have. Personally I had investment properties, and a construction business, both with tons of debt! I'm now debt free got plenty in the bank, cash on hand and can buy anything I want, and I don't need anything, unfortunately, being disabled I can't do much anymore, but I'm still enjoying life, at 56!

Trust me gentlemen, there is light at the end of the tunnel! That light will be a heck of a lot brighter if you try to face it with a positive attitude!

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
OP every time I've ever wanted something in life i find a way to make it happen with pure perseverance. Find a way if that's what you want. Get ready to enjoy those swimming pools. You can find a way.

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
Thanks a ton guys! You've really motivated me to do this, and 2800-3000 ain't that much for a life changing opportunity such as this. I thought it would be 5000 or more.

Thanks again for all the responses, I will work out and exercise like hell for a year so next year around this time I'll be ready for the surgery.

hammer

Good for you! Keep a strong positive attitude set goals and go for it, don't stop until your happy with the outcome!

God bless,  and good luck!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What you have going on between your ears is more important any day than what is on your chest.

Keep that good attitude and you will do well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Thanks a ton guys! You've really motivated me to do this, and 2800-3000 ain't that much for a life changing opportunity such as this. I thought it would be 5000 or more.

Thanks again for all the responses, I will work out and exercise like hell for a year so next year around this time I'll be ready for the surgery.

Yeah, I think that's the best approach.

If you need fitness/diet help you should head over to Reddit and check out /r/fitness (also check out the related subreddits link on the right of /r/fitness) and check out /r/loseit while you're at it too.

I've had gyno since age 12 (now 24) and am having surgery on Wednesday. I also struggled with the 'no money' problem for a long time.

Gyno has eaten away a lot of my life and kept me from doing a lot of things that I want to do. I've been a serious weightlifter for the last 8 years in the hopes that I could make it go away. No such luck. The evil irony is that the bigger your pecs get the further the gyno sticks out. So it looks even worse now.

You said you live in Canada, don't you guys have great health care policies? Go to your doctor and tell him that your chest/breasts are hurting and they feel itchy. You might be able to get it covered by healthcare/insurance/whatever.

Best of luck mate.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024