Author Topic: What is your "Why" for finding a solution for your gyno?  (Read 2401 times)

Offline gynorea

Hey,

I'm new to this forum and thought it would be interesting to see "why" you want to find a solution for our gyno so bad.

Mines the girls.

My gynos stopping me from getting into a relationship, I'm scared that if i don't get fixed, I'll die a virgin!

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Hate feeling self conscious of my body, massively hurts my confidence which negatively affects every aspect of my life whether that be girls, reaching personal goals, or business goals. Hate only being able to wear baggy black shirts or finding that one in a million 'unicorn' shirt that fits well.

I finally had enough of that shit and got it removed, life is finally moving forward after having it for over 12 years.

I'd recommend anyone who has it to get rid of it as soon as you are able.

Offline craftspace234

• Posting Member
I could find a million reasons why.

Gyno affects everything. Your mental state, the clothes you must wear, your temperature due to the clothes you must wear, embarrassment, never being able to go shirtless anywhere, never being able to wear certain shirts, having to wear uncomfortable compression vests everyday, having to ask for help to remove my compression vest because its sweaty and is extremely difficult to take off, sports, sex, ruining dates, can't wear tank tops to the gym, everything.

The list can go on and on. Everything I listed has affected me personally due to gyno.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am the old man here. Like most people, I developed the condition in puberty. I was 12 years old in 1949. At that time, surgery was not a good option In fact is was such a poor option that it was not even suggested. A person simply had to learn how to endure the teasing when it came.

Fast forward to age of forty-four, Surgery is getting very good. The problem is that I have five children and my youngest daughter has a heart problem and really needs surgery. Guess where daddy spent his money.

I actually wound up with eight children.

About 9 1/2 years ago, a grandson was in early puberty and was showing a bit of breast enlargement, This renewed my interest in the subject and brought me here.

Over time, a person's priorities change. If surgery had been a good option at a reasonable price when I was in my twenties I might have taken that route. By the time I was in my forties, family was more important. More recently, the concern is the grandchildren. Accepting the condition and living with it has wound up being the best solution for me.

I sometimes joke that if someone gave me money enough to cover the cost of surgery; I would probably use it for a down payment on a sailboat. Actually, college tuition is a good idea too.
Grandpa Dan

Offline walt

• Gold Member
well as for myself I am ok with my situation as it stands
I am a 48B and am in a growth spurt at the moment . I go to the gym in a tank top and wear a sports bra under so far not one ill comment to my face.i go shirtless where I can and wear a sports bra most of the time and if its hot one of my girls will help me on or off with it. having family support is a very good thing.its to the point where sometimes one of my daughters will ask to borrow one of my bras or we all go bra shopping as a family.I know not all of us have this relationship with family but its nice to have that support .as far as a solution its statice quo for now and surgery is out of the question.

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Mine developed around 10 years ago from the prostate cancer meds Avodart and bicalutamide. Once they grow from these meds, they don't retract even when the drugs are stopped. But about three years ago the breasts started to be painful when bumped or even when I roll over in bed. Even during the day they can feel swollen. It's something I don't want to live with anymore. I'm around 155 lbs and 5'10" so they are very noticeable.

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
well as for myself I am ok with my situation as it stands
I am a 48B and am in a growth spurt at the moment . I go to the gym in a tank top and wear a sports bra under so far not one ill comment to my face.i go shirtless where I can and wear a sports bra most of the time and if its hot one of my girls will help me on or off with it. having family support is a very good thing.its to the point where sometimes one of my daughters will ask to borrow one of my bras or we all go bra shopping as a family.I know not all of us have this relationship with family but its nice to have that support .as far as a solution its statice quo for now and surgery is out of the question.

Have you considered wearing an Underworks compression tank instead? They compress very well and at least that way you will not have the line of elastic, that goes across your back like a bra, showing through your shirt.

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
I could find a million reasons why.

Gyno affects everything. Your mental state, the clothes you must wear, your temperature due to the clothes you must wear, embarrassment, never being able to go shirtless anywhere, never being able to wear certain shirts, having to wear uncomfortable compression vests everyday, having to ask for help to remove my compression vest because its sweaty and is extremely difficult to take off, sports, sex, ruining dates, can't wear tank tops to the gym, everything.

The list can go on and on. Everything I listed has affected me personally due to gyno.

This pretty much sums up my perspective on how gyno effects my life. The anxiety it creates has spread across the rest of my life. I have let it limit my enjoyment of life at a time when a lot of my friends were having the time of their lives. In fact I was on course to fail my degree last year partly due to this and so I took a year out from uni mid-term to collect my thoughts which benefitted greatly. However as much as I tried I could never quite feel comfortable in my own skin. Now I think that having had the condition for 8-9 years I think it might be an appropriate time to have the op.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I had gyne onset about age 11.  It was full blown by age 12.  It affected everything as somebody mentioned.  Jr High was misery and high school wasn't much better with everything. I told the whole gruesome story in my introduction. College began to be a little better as I started going out with the girl who founded the school nudist group. Besides, breasts had to do with perhaps 1% of the total harassment.  In 1966 and onwards it was about politics and fat.  And before breasts I was harassed from the age of 5. So those were only convenient excuses among many. There was really nothing to be done anyway back in the 50s and 60s.  The solution ended up being to have serious health problems that have kept me busy dealing with them for the past 40+ years and become a full fledged nudist.  I got over the self induced or not, traumas, of a younger age.  Being sick for decades I let go of almost everything and got ready to die.

Offline thetodd

For me it was when i started getting into training, because i thought it was just fat. Because of this i joined bodybuilding forums and found the gyno section, where i was told lots of misinformation and took a course of anti estrogen drugs which turned out to be pretty costly and useless and to this day i dont truly know what those drugs were contained as they were unregulated from China when i think back was crazy, but i was young and desperate i suppose.

Times have changed though, i just done a google search and the results are actually helpfull. a far cry from when i was seeking this help (2007/8) kind of disappointing to see the herbal remedies still be up but i guess that could go for any herbal product on the market the whole industry is ludicrous.

At the time i was lurking on the forums, surgery just felt like something alien at the time could never see me telling my parents and following the process just seemed out of reach. One day i decided id had enough and just snapped and directed all of my efforts into raising funds and having surgery the turnaround was about 6 months kind of mental how quick i turned it round thinking back.

But yeah you have the surgery, and then a year or so down the line your content. And then life ticks on with more devastating things to worry about, i kind of wish i was still on that one track goal and not a my current monthly misery of having just enough cash to pay the mortgage repayments off.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024