Author Topic: Don't know how to feel...  (Read 4478 times)

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
So I went to my appointment with Dr Fielding here in Toronto yesterday and got set up for surgery on September 10th and paid $3288.

However, he told me that I'm one out of 10 patients who has a special case where my breasts hang down in an abnormal way and that my results will not be 100%. He said I should expect a 75% improvement in their appearance but "I will never be on the cover of men's health magazine" were his words. He also said excessive or loose skin might be an issue.

I have to admit, I'm kind of crushed. Surgery was already a last resort to what's been haunting me mercilessly for a lifetime and now I'm not even sure if I will get rid of my gyno for good.

hammer

You may want to really think about this then! With the extra skin he has to reposition your nipples, and trying to make that look right is not easy and may leave a lot of scaring.

This is my personal feelings, so take it for what it's worth, but in the end you may look worse in the end without breast then you do with!

This is just one of the reasons my wife and I decided I'll never have the surgery! I'm "very big" and there is noway I could look right after surgery, I would look like I went through a corn picker or something!

Bob

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
You may want to really think about this then! With the extra skin he has to reposition your nipples, and trying to make that look right is not easy and may leave a lot of scaring.

This is my personal feelings, so take it for what it's worth, but in the end you may look worse in the end without breast then you do with!

This is just one of the reasons my wife and I decided I'll never have the surgery! I'm "very big" and there is noway I could look right after surgery, I would look like I went through a corn picker or something!

Bob

Damn it... He said he will leave a bit of fat in order to make sure the nipple looks normal and said scarring should be small. I already paid so I will be going through with it I was just hoping someone would have gone through a similar experience.

Thanks for your advice though, I hope that's not the case for me.

hammer

Remember, I'm just speculating! I've been through a host of surgeries other then gyne surgery, a couple back, both knees replaced and a few minor. I don't fear surgery at all, but having breast cut off just don't  list high priority for me and being as big as I am I see the surgery as a nightmare!

Only you can make this decision, but in the end only you will be happy or unhappy and this forum seems to get a lot of unhappy post surgery people! So if you can accept the possibility of not looking totally good after surgery, take the chance, if not ready, take more time to think about it.

Remember this too, 60% of males have enlarged breast, so you are just one of us. As you age your body will change more and more each year and the man you see in the mirror is not the man the will be there 10, 20 or 30 years from now. These changes are inevitable.

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
I'm just praying for the best at this point. I'm going on a vacation to Egypt during Christmas and it would be nice to be able to swim for once.

hammer

If you are somewhere that no one knows you go for it why worry about it! I know that times have changed, but back when I was in the Navy it seemed that people in the "old country" didn't make such a big deal about such things like they do here in America.

I noticed this much more in Europe, but I can't say much about Egypt I was only there once and it wasn't very long of a stay.

Bob

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member
I don't know how to start a thread on here, or it wont let me. I have to ask though, can anyone inform me of what might have caused my gyno?! I developed it when i was around 10 or 11. I am 19 now, I believe I have type 1 gyno, the mildest, but yet still noticeable. Could it be Klinefelters? Although, I'm pretty sure I don't have it, the thought it makes me very uncomfortable, and anxious. I tested my hormones a couple of weeks ago and my testosterone came back slightly above 400, which is normal but still rather low for my age, I also tested my LH and FSH, and that all came back normal, my FSH might be a little low I fear though since it was at 2.0 barely in the normal range, my LH was 5.8 though.  Also I have adult sized testicles. No learning disabilities. I just have this stupid gyno and long arms ( which is a symptom of KS i hear, but then again my dad has long arms and all of his family). Could this be what caused my gynecomastia or could it have been something else? My latest suspicion is that my history of "yo-yo dieting" as an adolescent is what caused this. I have a history of skipping meals and going on significant caloric deficits to shed weight, I started this dieting since I was 10 years old (conveniently around the time that I developed gyno). I went on a pattern of gain weight during the school year, and shed weight in the summer through any means possible, I would also skip lunch in school a lot. I also got to thinking about the years where I dieted a lot, and I realized that my grades were lower; and I was pissier in the years where I shed a lot of weight and calories. The one year that I actually sought to eat consistently and healthy, I had high grades, and high motivation (Sophomore year). I also think that this frequent pattern of dieting messed up my digestive system, as now I can't process gluten, and I have some mild hypoglycemia. I also feel that I have not grown to my full potential, I am only 5'11, my dad and bro are 6 ft and 6'1. Guys what do you all think? What could have caused this? I have been freaking out for the past month, trying to figure this out, and I have been very self-conscious, I just want answers, and I certainly dont want to have Klinefelters.

Offline chapin

yeah i can't start a thread either, whats going on here?

hammer

Try using new topic in the top right hand corner.

Offline finsfan16

• Posting Member
Try using new topic in the top right hand corner.
I did and it didn't let me.

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't trust him, so unprofessional, and the girl in his office is a total b1tch! Honestly, they were late to my appointment, and i had to drive 3 hours to get to toronto, another hour of waiting since they were late, and he said the exact same thing to me, it might be something he says to save his ass just incase, you know? he told me it would be 60 percent better, he doesn't promise much

Offline shreyas24

• Posting Member
    • Best Hair Transplantation & Tummy Tuck Surgery in India
So I went to my appointment with Dr Fielding here in Toronto yesterday and got set up for surgery on September 10th and paid $3288.

However, he told me that I'm one out of 10 patients who has a special case where my breasts hang down in an abnormal way and that my results will not be 100%. He said I should expect a 75% improvement in their appearance but "I will never be on the cover of men's health magazine" were his words. He also said excessive or loose skin might be an issue.

I have to admit, I'm kind of crushed. Surgery was already a last resort to what's been haunting me mercilessly for a lifetime and now I'm not even sure if I will get rid of my gyno for good.

Don't worry about Gynaecomastia surgery but it depends on Doctor's experience and how much care he handles. Because if he is experience there is doubt about treatment. So before going to treatment you can rethink about it. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Doctor Fielding is well respected and his name comes up here often.

I am sure he wants you to be happy and equally sure that he will do a very good job for you. The problem is that your case is such that there will be evident scarring as a residual. He wants you to have reasonable expectations. If you go into this expecting that extensive surgery can be performed without leaving any scars that would not be reasonable.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024