Author Topic: Mr Levick - 03/09/14  (Read 11216 times)

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Flying to Edinburgh tomorrow, 45 minute flight or 6 hours in train for almost the same price.

My right nipple bled a little today, put some of the bandage they give you on top with the binder pressing it down.

Ah k. Have a safe trip home. Really hope you dont suffer the 'summer season' fluid build up, as its a long trip. I was quite lucky as I only live a half hour drive away from Mr Levick's clinic anyway.

My left nipple bled a little bit too with the binder, the tip of the nipple looks discoloured a bit too even now because of that, so wise move placing a bit of bandage/plaster on it, the binder really isnt user friendly. You'll be glad to get into your vest in a week's time.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Thanks.

How long did you keep the bandages over your cuts? The tape is killing me tbh.

Offline kingboob

Wow that is a lot of glad that has come out considering your chest didn't look that big pre-op.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Think my pecs and skin were doing a good job compressing the gland most of the time. When I was hot and the skin loosens up you really could see the breast tissue etc

Home time tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Thanks.

How long did you keep the bandages over your cuts? The tape is killing me tbh.

Cant remember exactly now, think a couple of days. The nurse changed the dressings on the day I left, she just said the next time they fall off to not replace them.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
I replaced my bandages yesterday due to the tape being stuck to my arm pits, made a longer bandage to go round my pit / wound then taped it to my shoulder. Top tip there for you guys :P

Nurse said to me just take them off in a couple of days as long as they don't weep / bleed, they said there was no need to change them in the hospital because they weren't dirty. Prob take them off tomorrow, traveling today so it will an active day.

I'll do a day 2 update once I'm home tonight but I certainly feel more mobile.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Day 2:

No pain from my chest. (There never has been).
Little spill over swelling near the armpit area that's a little tender n bruised. Not quite sure if it's normal or not?
Can now put a zip up hoody on with only a little bit of discomfort. (No pain)
Nipple hasnt bled since that little bit of blood yesterday, kept a little square of bandage on them as padding. Both nipples seem to have gained some colour back into them.

Taking the painkillers and antibiotics as instructed by the nurse.
Taking arnica 3 times a day. (Started taking 5 days pre surgery)

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member

Another thing I've found is if I don't hold my stomach in while I walk around it actually supports my binder n stops it from slipping down :D

I'll be spamming this thread with as much as possible, it's what I really wanted to read before I had this done. Every little detail.
Any questions just ask here.

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
Hi Mate

How did you find your whole experience with Dr Levick / the clinic, your exopectios etc?

M

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Mr Levick was exactly how people described him on here. Real nice, professional guy. Does his best to put your mind at ease from the moment he meets you everytime you meet.

Consultation through to operation was first class, everything as I expected it to be.

Tbh I never really looked into anyone else after reading people's experiences on here with him, the way the procedure is done and the aftercare (free) is such a strong selling point over the other surgeons.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Day 3 -

No pain.
Took the dressings off my cuts today, seemed clean n dry so left them off.
Had a wash under my arms, long overdue!!! lol
Managed to reach up above my head today for a box of ceral, minor discomfort - no pain.
Swelling above binder bruising a little more now.
Considering putting maybe a sock between my skin  (armpit area) and the edge of the binder to make it more comfortable?
Did I mention there's no pain? My biggest fear before doing this.

Anyway, no pictures today.. Not much has changed other than a little bruising, I'll take a picture for my day 4 update.
Binder will not be removed until day 7, no sooner!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Day 2:

No pain from my chest. (There never has been).
Little spill over swelling near the armpit area that's a little tender n bruised. Not quite sure if it's normal or not?
Can now put a zip up hoody on with only a little bit of discomfort. (No pain)
Nipple hasnt bled since that little bit of blood yesterday, kept a little square of bandage on them as padding. Both nipples seem to have gained some colour back into them.

Taking the painkillers and antibiotics as instructed by the nurse.
Taking arnica 3 times a day. (Started taking 5 days pre surgery)

Good stuff. The bulging and bruising caused by the binder is pretty standard.

Re painkillers - I was told to take them only if I needed to. I didnt have any pain either so I didnt take any painkillers after surgery. The antibiotics are prophylactic so obviously make sure you finish them to prevent any possible infection. But I'm not sure you'd have to take any painkillers if there's no pain, although you might want to double check with Mr Levick if in doubt.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member

Day 4 -

No Pain
Stopped taking pain meds today (still have some left)
Movement has gotten better, think the binder is causing my the discomfort when I reach rather than my chest.
Chest / nipple area has started to bruise slightly under the binder
Swelling bulges / over spill has now went from an angry red to a normal bruised colour, seems to have decreased in size.
Tightened my binder today (2 person job !) It moved around more than I liked, nipples looked like they could do with a little more pressure.
Incisions still dry, no weeping.
Washing myself with baby wipes twice a day.

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Day 5 -

No pain..
Mobility better, can touch hands above head with a tiny bit of discomfort at full stretch.
Brushing / swelling spillover is the same.
Chest is still bruising under binder.
2nd day of no painkillers (doubt they were needed after day 2)
In the aftercare stuff Mr Levick gave me. It mentions using ice packs / frozen veg to cool the area..
Bought ice pack to lay across my chest / overspill area.

I'll post some pictures for day 6, then the big binder off day will be next !!! :D

Offline freedom1987

• Bronze Member
Getting random tingles in my nipples and they almost feel attached to the chest wall sometimes,
Is this a normal thing to happen?

Tried searching, the word nipple tends to bring up almost every post on here.. lol.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024