Author Topic: Smoking marijuana and the surgery itself?  (Read 1994 times)

Offline en10se

• Posting Member
Quick question wanted to get it out, I told the surgeon that I did not smoke marijuana, because I had a relative in the same room and I didn't want them to know. Now I am going to tell the anesthesiologist before surgery, but just wanted an opinion because I was getting mixed signals on the internet. How much does marijuana itself interact with the general anesthetics. I smoke moderate amounts about everyday. My surgery is in 8 days what should I do? Can I continue to smoke weed ?

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
I was told not to smoke 6 weeks prior and 6 week post surgery by my surgeon. (i dont smoke marijuana though) I advice to stop smoking today till surgery, and as long as you can post surgery for minimum chance of complications
Wish u all the best ;D

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
You shouldn't be smoking at all considering how close to your surgery date you are.

Offline en10se

• Posting Member
I quit weed from like may-september, but since september I have been recreationaly smmoking weed. Now my surgery is on the 28th what to do? they say nicotine smoking is worse? I dont smoke cigs.

also im in great shape workout regularly and am pretty healthy! im also 20 years old, will that help? good heart/etc

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Honestly, for the sake of good results and the money spent, I wouldn't smoke!

Good Luck,
---Bobby

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what LA said.  seriously. 

here's why.  i can't count on both hands plus my best friend's the number of times people have posted here suspecting they had a recurrence following going back to heavy weed smoking.  the fact is it really does d__k around with your hormones.  and then they said damn i wish i hadn't done that. 

it's been a controversial subject, but risk is not worth it.  that's my $.02.

* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024