Author Topic: 1st step ( pic added )  (Read 11091 times)

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
thanks guys im seeing him on 11th general check up im happy with chest not in pain at all sore throat has gone too
cant wait to start gym.
hope everyone doing well

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
Hi mate, how's recovery going? Has that fluid behind your nipple started to disperse yet? I only ask because I've got a tiny bit of fluid just under my left nipple.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Hi mate, how's recovery going? Has that fluid behind your nipple started to disperse yet? I only ask because I've got a tiny bit of fluid just under my left nipple.

Nope it's still there mate abit annoying tbh just wombles I'm seing. Hopefully will go away next week I have the binder on and a compression tshirt too.
Does yours feel like water jelly motion?

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
Weird, I moved my binder a bit because where it crosses over, there was only one layer of padding over one nipple, and two layers over the over (the one which was flat).. Since doing this, the fluid seems to have dispersed - I think both nipples are getting the same amount of compression now and it's evened things out. I definitely think fluid is moving in and out but it's not a lot. But yeah, it is like jelly. I think it's easy to worry and over-think these things, especially in the early stages so I'm just gonna try forget about it for now :) Hope yours settles too though

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Hey guys not much changed bruising has gone down just asking the fluid I had seems to be going all hard now is that normal it's annoying I'm going go and see what they can do.

It was all waves motion now going like hard tissue making me have a point nipple again

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Hey here's how it looks it's going all firm I feel I tiny bump inside it too

Opinions would be great guys 12 days post op

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
Well you already know there's no gland there; and scar tissue is pretty much out of the question at this point because, as Levick said - and he emphasised this point to me - scar tissue doesn't start to develop until around the third month of recovery. I think you're obviously still a bit swollen, and it looks like fluid. Other than that though, I think you look pretty good mate. I'm sure with a bit of compression it will start to disperse. Unfortunately these things take time :(

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Burger shot lads !!
Rip

80 on the left
76 on the right

Lol

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Well you already know there's no gland there; and scar tissue is pretty much out of the question at this point because, as Levick said - and he emphasised this point to me - scar tissue doesn't start to develop until around the third month of recovery. I think you're obviously still a bit swollen, and it looks like fluid. Other than that though, I think you look pretty good mate. I'm sure with a bit of compression it will start to disperse. Unfortunately these things take time :(

thanks mate yes cant be glands but i do feel abit of lumps behind the right nipple like it feels like a gland lol wierd doesnt hurt or anything

when can we sleep on our sides? back is killing me lols

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Quick update went and seen my gp and said the right side looks like hematoma which sucks lol I'm seing levick on the 11th would hematoma go by itself ? Is it something I should be worried about ?

Offline lc98

• Posting Member
From what I've read, when tissue starts to go firm and hard - especially if it's too soon for the development of scar tissue - it's because fluid and blood have begun to migrate to the damaged tissues from the blood steam, which then increases the overall presssue in the tissue; and, as a result, makes it firmer than usual - swelling basically. The numbness in the area also tends to create the impression that the area is firmer than usual because you don't feel the usual sensation of depression when you press on the area. You have to remember that a lot of the tissue has been undermined, and it's going through the process of trying to adhere back to the underlying structures. I think it's all just a normal part of healing. I've had some weird things going on at the top of my chest - when I move my finger across it, sometimes I'll hear a little popping like there's an air bubble in there :D I'm sure that in a couple weeks time, you'll be writing a post on here about how everything has settled and looking good. ;D

I'll put some pictures up today, I can finally shower!

As for the hematoma, I'd definitely speak to Levick about it - I think it can be hit and miss with GP's sometimes. They don't necessarrily understand what's been done to you by your surgeon.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
From what I've read, when tissue starts to go firm and hard - especially if it's too soon for the development of scar tissue - it's because fluid and blood have begun to migrate to the damaged tissues from the blood steam, which then increases the overall presssue in the tissue; and, as a result, makes it firmer than usual - swelling basically. The numbness in the area also tends to create the impression that the area is firmer than usual because you don't feel the usual sensation of depression when you press on the area. You have to remember that a lot of the tissue has been undermined, and it's going through the process of trying to adhere back to the underlying structures. I think it's all just a normal part of healing. I've had some weird things going on at the top of my chest - when I move my finger across it, sometimes I'll hear a little popping like there's an air bubble in there :D I'm sure that in a couple weeks time, you'll be writing a post on here about how everything has settled and looking good. ;D

I'll put some pictures up today, I can finally shower!

As for the hematoma, I'd definitely speak to Levick about it - I think it can be hit and miss with GP's sometimes. They don't necessarrily understand what's been done to you by your surgeon.

Thanks so much mate out me at ease and I was in shock because he was abit rude about the situation saying why do we have to pick up the pieces I was so tempted to argue back but I didn't bother really put me in a mood with that also.
I'm looking forward for your pics I'm sure it will look awsesome let me know thank you

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Quick update 3 weeks.
Right side still bruised with swelling and abit if fluid seing Levick on the 11th see what he says.
Left side is perfect can't fault it.
Right side has little lumps and bumps under the nipples wonder what it is lol.
Still taking arnica dunno if it works gna start doing some long walks tommorow get some exersize.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
As you can see right side still looks the same .
Any ideas to reduce swelling

Offline wbay21

• Bronze Member
More compression? What is your current compression regime?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024