Author Topic: Summer Gear  (Read 8118 times)

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
The lady at work who knows about my "girls" advised me to get front hooking bras. Fine, I got a regular type of bra. PROBLEM!!! Women's bras draw the side flesh and the front flesh together, concentrate it in the cup and push it all forward. There is no way I am that big! I could not wear any shirt without advertising my "assets".

Once again my friend at work comes up with a solution. As has been stated before, guys breasts are further apart than women's breasts and ours point slightly off to the side and not forward. Women's bras are made to fit the closeness of their breasts and point it all forward.

My friend suggested I get some bra extenders and use them with front hooking bras which would then loosen up a bit and not pull all of my breasts tissue together and concentrate it in the cups. It would leave my "girls" where they should normally be and pull them together. I have not tried it yet but it sounds good.

She has also mentioned about going with me to a bra store for a professional measurement. All of you "veterans" of the bra-wars, suggest it so I will take you up on it.

Thanks for all the sage advice and for putting up with my questions. Thank God for a website that helps!

aboywithgirls

I'm happy for you that you are going for a fitting.  If I can make a suggestion. Lane Bryant is a great place to start. They have lots of bras in larger band sizes and cup sizes as well. I am currently wearing a 38G in most of my bras. The girls that work there are quite knowledgeable about fitting bras not only for gynecomastia but for crossdresser as well so they are used to fitting men. Also, a local boutique is another good choice because it will probably be a bit more discrete.  Either way I would suggest that you call in advance and tell them the issue.  I have always had good results and they have all bent over backwards to help.

The hardest part after you get there and take the first big step is to decide which bras you are either wearing out or putting in your shopping bag. A good choice for the upcoming weather maybe a thin (believe it or not) lace bra.  They breathe the best, they are thin, and they support. Good luck.

hammer

I'm happy for you that you are going for a fitting.  If I can make a suggestion. Lane Bryant is a great place to start. They have lots of bras in larger band sizes and cup sizes as well. I am currently wearing a 38G in most of my bras. The girls that work there are quite knowledgeable about fitting bras not only for gynecomastia but for crossdresser as well so they are used to fitting men. Also, a local boutique is another good choice because it will probably be a bit more discrete.  Either way I would suggest that you call in advance and tell them the issue.  I have always had good results and they have all bent over backwards to help.

The hardest part after you get there and take the first big step is to decide which bras you are either wearing out or putting in your shopping bag. A good choice for the upcoming weather maybe a thin (believe it or not) lace bra.  They breathe the best, they are thin, and they support. Good luck.

You may not be at the point we are yet, but there is nothing wrong with wearing a thin lace bra! Remember, comfort and support are key and if someone has a problem with what is under your shirt, that's not your problem, it's theirs!

Bob

• Silver Member
I had never considered a lace bra due to the "girly" aspect involved. I was leaning toward cotton bras but if you guys say it is cooler in hotter weather, and since you are far more "expert" at the bra wars than I am, I will take your advice. The fitting will have to be within a month or so due to job considerations. Never thought of Lane Bryant. Thanks again.

Offline TigerPaws

I had never considered a lace bra due to the "girly" aspect involved. I was leaning toward cotton bras but if you guys say it is cooler in hotter weather, and since you are far more "expert" at the bra wars than I am, I will take your advice. The fitting will have to be within a month or so due to job considerations. Never thought of Lane Bryant. Thanks again.

Maybe not lace but an unlined bra can be far "cooler" when the temperature rises Lilyette Embellished Keyhole Minimizer Bra, La Perla Primula Full Cup Lace Bra, are but a few of the same type of bra I am talking about.

At first I thought they were a little too feminine but a couple of ladies purchased a few different types for me and I was very surprised hot cool and comfortable they can be.

• Silver Member
Hammer: You are amazing. Thanks. You have provided some great resources. You did the hard work and we all reap the benefits. The wisdom and help to be gleaned from this site is immeasurable.

hammer

Hammer: You are amazing. Thanks. You have provided some great resources. You did the hard work and we all reap the benefits. The wisdom and help to be gleaned from this site is immeasurable.

Thank you! I'm here with the hope that I can help!

Bob

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Give a minimizer bra a try.  Soma Sensuous Sides 3 in Minimizer or Soma Sensuous Sides 1 in Minimizer are both great choices. Or a Vanity Fair 76080 or a Vanity Fair 76380 for a t-shirt bra.   Highly recommended.

Get a fitting.  I finally did.  Soma of Barrington, fitter was very respectful and helpful.  If you are worried about people there, go at 8pm on a rainy night.  The place will be dead.

I find the the bra band size is closer to a male actual measurement in band. 

• Silver Member
B-Man: Thanks for the advice. I checked them out and they are not available in my band size (44). I will keep looking though. I have taken a look at some lace bras as I was told they are cooler for warm weather, but I do need support when I am working or out on a long hike. My current Champion Sports bra does the trick but I need something lighter. Thanks again.

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
I know my response is late, but over the weekend, convinceed myself to try an underwire. The support was amazing, a little more projection than I wanted, but comfort was the best I've felt in a long time. The reduction in movement was the most notable difference, made the whole day go by without, the assets being a distraction. Thanks for all that post on thus site, information is most useful.

• Silver Member
Thanks for your reply Island-Dude. I gave a try to the under wire bras and found them a bit on the uncomfortable side for me. Cotton is nice but gets hot. Lycra seems the best for me in summer and I prefer a leisure bra although it has no control when it comes to bouncing and jiggle. Life is interesting.

hammer

Someone at onetime, some time ago maybe Bman41 posted a pic and link of a camisole with a biult in bra and may have emailed me the link, but any way it was also made for everyone even for full figured large breasted people up to 48H. Looked like a tank top with a built it bra. 

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please pass on that info again. I've been going through old post trying to find it with no luck. I'm thinking it could be 1-2 years ago.

Bob

Offline TigerPaws

Thanks for your reply Island-Dude. I gave a try to the under wire bras and found them a bit on the uncomfortable side for me. Cotton is nice but gets hot. Lycra seems the best for me in summer and I prefer a leisure bra although it has no control when it comes to bouncing and jiggle. Life is interesting.
LoL... "bouncing and jiggle", yes this can be a very big problem on rough roads.

• Silver Member
I work for two companies and one of them is in construction. Sometimes the areas we get into are on non-improved roads. This is all fine and good except I have a short bed, Ford F-150 4X4 with a very stiff suspension which can produce enough "bounce and jiggle" from the "assets" to knock me out...slight exaggeration. The leisure bra is wonderful in its comfort but it has no control whatever. Job site bras are strictly sports bras...for self protection.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024