Author Topic: Post Surgery Swelling  (Read 3592 times)

Offline nb89

• Posting Member
Hey everyone.

I got surgery on June the 4th with Dr Fielding in Toronto. I had a case of Gyno that was borderline between mild/moderate. I also had a case where the left side of my chest had a bit of a worse case. Maybe 15-20 % bigger.

After 10 days of post surgery recovery, getting my bandages off and now being able see the results. My right side looks pretty good, almost perfect and the bruises are mostly healed. On my left side where I had a worse case, there is still a lot of bruising that hasn't healed. Which I can understand as there was more to take out. But the left side is still larger looking and the left nipple a bit puffier. My chest is uneneven as of today. 

Is this just post op temporary swelling on the one side that had the worst case?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:26:38 AM by nb89 »

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
Photos of your chest would of course help in this case.
Generally speaking I don't think you should be worried about swelling or bruising until 4-6 weeks after surgery.

I hope you are using your compression vest 24/7 ? As far as recommendations go I know that most people keep it on for at least 4 weeks and stay away from training for 6 weeks post op.

hammer

You must remember that full recovery can take up to 6 months or more! What happens between the time of surgery and then can involve swelling, scare tissue and everyone is different as to when or if and how long they have to deal with it, or even if they get it at all!

A person can have the same type surgery, ie: 2 knee placement and the healing process is completely different for both knees!

Good luck
Bob 

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I agree with Hammer.  Its extremely unlikely that anyone would have perfect symmetry during the healing process following this type surgery, or any for that matter.   My left side developed more scar tissue than my right, and even today 19 months later there is a slight difference.  However I'm sure I'm the only one who would notice it. 
Patience is key for you right now.  Give it 6 months and if still not satisfied then talk to your surgeon.   Best of luck!

Offline nb89

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help guys. Yes, I am wearing my compression vest, my Surgeon said to wear it for 3 weeks after surgery. I will probably wear it for a full month just to be safe. I am also not allowed to workout for 3 weeks and have been following that advice as well.

Offline Gahaes

• Posting Member
Im 7 weeks and sweeling hasnt gone down yet. Actually a little worse lately. 
I wore vest 24-7 for 4 weeks. 

I felt i still needed is as it mad me feel more comfortable so i did one more week. It felt better atvthat time bot wearing it

Offline Gahaes

• Posting Member
This forum software is glitchy on my iphone. 
Too continue..  I hope the swelling subsides. Just being patient.  Hope this helps

hammer

The iPhone is the problem, everyone in my family hates them, but I love my GALAXY Note 3!

If the vest helps, I see no problem wearing it.

Offline lallo

• Posting Member
I agree with Hammer.  Its extremely unlikely that anyone would have perfect symmetry during the healing process following this type surgery, or any for that matter.   My left side developed more scar tissue than my right, and even today 19 months later there is a slight difference.  However I'm sure I'm the only one who would notice it.  
Patience is key for you right now.  Give it 6 months and if still not satisfied then talk to your surgeon.   Best of luck!

I'm 5 weeks after surgery and it feels like scar tissue developed under both of my nippers. 

The right one is starting to look like BEFORE surgery and I'm getting so stressed. 

How long before your tissue dissaoeared? I'm thinking of kenalog 

rrr

The iPhone is the problem, everyone in my family hates them, but I love my GALAXY Note 3!

If the vest helps, I see no problem wearing it.

Hear, hear! iPhones are awful!

B, loving my Note 4

hammer

I agree with Hammer.  Its extremely unlikely that anyone would have perfect symmetry during the healing process following this type surgery, or any for that matter.   My left side developed more scar tissue than my right, and even today 19 months later there is a slight difference.  However I'm sure I'm the only one who would notice it.  
Patience is key for you right now.  Give it 6 months and if still not satisfied then talk to your surgeon.   Best of luck!

I'm 5 weeks after surgery and it feels like scar tissue developed under both of my nippers.

The right one is starting to look like BEFORE surgery and I'm getting so stressed.

5 weeks is still early for some people! Talk to your doctor and see what he/she has to say, but I don't think it's worth getting a worked up over yet! Life is to short and full of bull shit to get to worked up early over stuff that can be worked out!

God bless 
Bob

Offline lallo

• Posting Member

5 weeks is still early for some people! Talk to your doctor and see what he/she has to say, but I don't think it's worth getting a worked up over yet! Life is to short and full of bull shit to get to worked up early over stuff that can be worked out!

God bless
Bob

Well it still looks better now with car tissue than when I had gyno tissue.
I decided to massage and wait until it's been 6 months post op.

If nothing has happen by then I will consider kenalog.

hammer

Sounds like a good plan.
I know it is very hard waiting for the end of the wait to come, as I'm on the 3Rd month recovery of my 3rd back surgery and I was just told that I only have 9 more months to go! Yep, this one is a full year recovery and after that tons of restrictions!

Good luck, better days ahead!
Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024